Things guitar center employees say

I was looking at the brand new 20 watt one they just came out, but I was disappointed to learn they outsourced them to China.
That is why the price is $699 on it.
It does sound nice though, have watched Hennings video and Rabears.

Alot of this video is very exaggerate, but none the less there is alot of truth here.

I think that with alot of the new young employees, they simply have to learn as the go. I remember one time I was trying to get a job at GS and they have you fill out an online application. And with that application is a test. I do admit I did not know more than half of the questions on that test. Now pretty sure I can ace that test. Mostly basic questions and that's what most new guitar players know, including new employees.

On the other hand..
Alot of the guys are really cool that work there and they do let me play any guitar I want through any amp they carry.
Back in the day I layed local shows with some of their bands from before, so we all kinda know each other.

When I was alot younger GS was magical and a place of worship..

Last time I was there it seemed pretty empty and I can add that they had to shrink the store in half. Other half is a furniture store, they look some what busy...

Last edited:
I catch most of Ryan's vids, did not know he was from this area.
Looking forward to some more vids.
Corey are you coming to the Tacoma Guitar Fest at the Dome this weekend? Fluff should be at our booth as well as Ewold and a lot of prs

Sorry, did not make it this year, hopefully next year for sure, as I would like to check it out.
Going to scour YouTube for some vids if there was any coverage.
My sons took me to the new Capt. America Saturday, and I was busy yesterday.
I finally found out the name of Ryan's band though, and just caught a vid.
He also lives not far from my son's home.

Just got off the phone with GC and thought of this thread. I had looked online and found the tubes I needed (you may have read the thread where I lost a tube in my SE50 and was trying to see if it was a preamp or power tube). I called my local GC just to see if they had any in stock. I have what I need except a 12at7/ECC81 to troubleshoot the preamp with.

Phone rings: "Uh guitar center..."
Me: "Yes, I would like to know if you have a tube in stock. I'm looking for a 12at7, NOT the 12ax7. Do you have one?
GC: "Uh, hold on..."
...minutes go by...
GC: "Uh yeah, we got em..."
Me: "Great, can you tell me how much one costs?
GC: "Uh, I don't know man, they just handed me the phone."
Me: "I suppose you have the 12ax7 as well right?"
GC: "Look, I just started work here man..."
Me: "Thanks, bye"

Back