Things got a little out of hand at the guitar show... (vintage PRS content)

Wow!

So are those both CU24's? From 2005 and 2006?

Differently labeled tuners.

And one has the five position rotary switch while one has a 3 way selector switch.

And one has the neck pickup reversed so the adjustable polepieces are closer to the bridge pickup.

Do they both have Dragon 2 pickups without covers?

And both have the shorter neck heel.

My '02 CU22 has a longer neck heel than my '95 CU22.

Looks like PRS went back to the shorter heel. Looks better!
Off by 20 years: ‘85 & ‘86
Dragons didn’t exist yet.

I may be wrong, but someone will drop in soon and either confirm or deny.

I'll drop in.

These are serial number #202 and #267 off the line.

Both are amazingly clean.

#267 completely original with the sweet switch and T&B pickups. It's unique as the body serial is 5 0267 and the headstock is 6 0267 meaning it was most likely started in 1985 and completed in early 1986.

#202 is a pure 1985. Seems at some point the sweet switch was replaced with a tone knob which is actually a push pot as well to activate the SS. Not sure if that was a from factory option or something aftermarket.

I've had #267 for some time now but, found his cousin at a guitar show this weekend to make the pair.

I'll drop in.

These are serial number #202 and #267 off the line.

Both are amazingly clean.

#267 completely original with the sweet switch and T&B pickups. It's unique as the body serial is 5 0267 and the headstock is 6 0267 meaning it was most likely started in 1985 and completed in early 1986.

#202 is a pure 1985. Seems at some point the sweet switch was replaced with a tone knob which is actually a push pot as well to activate the SS. Not sure if that was a from factory option or something aftermarket.

I've had #267 for some time now but, found his cousin at a guitar show this weekend to make the pair.

Can I have 1/2 a point please? ;)

WOW!!! Look at those siblings!!

LMnOqwh.jpg

Wow!

So are those both CU24's? From 2005 and 2006?

Differently labeled tuners.

And one has the five position rotary switch while one has a 3 way selector switch.

And one has the neck pickup reversed so the adjustable polepieces are closer to the bridge pickup.

Do they both have Dragon 2 pickups without covers?

And both have the shorter neck heel.

My '02 CU22 has a longer neck heel than my '95 CU22.

Looks like PRS went back to the shorter heel. Looks better!
My ‘93 CU22 (in my avatar) has Dragon 1’s. Those 2 guitars are from 85 and 86.. T & B pickups. Mann solid brass bridges.
Very early Annapolis factory guitars

Last edited:
Back