I have finally achieved peak One-ness

I love that guitar. It plays and sounds SOOOO sweet!! Those Pre-TCI narrow 408 pickups are the best. They smoke the 57/08 in my book - and I've been on record many times with how the 57/08 is perfection!!

Those mods are awesome!!

Nice! I like the duration and focus over the long term that went into this.

But are you really “done?”

Zenmaster @ScottR once said "a donut without a hole, is a danish. On your deathbed, you will achieve peak one-ness."

So going by that, I'm thinking that there could be more changes coming. Or breakfast

Nah, I think this one is done done. It joins the very elite ranks of optimized guitars: my 594 which needed nothing more than a minor wiring change to 50's Gibson style, and a parts strat where I slowly swapped components over something like 18 years.

Last edited:
I noticed you found a PRS bridge/Tailpiece combo that has the larger brass (older style) block bridge saddles. Very nice. They have a certain tonal quality that imho, the newer bridges don’t have. (I need to find one that will fit my McCarty 594 tunamatic)

I love that guitar. It plays and sounds SOOOO sweet!! Those Pre-TCI narrow 408 pickups are the best. They smoke the 57/08 in my book - and I've been on record many times with how the 57/08 is perfection!!

Those mods are awesome!!

I swear it sounds better since we last hung out. The bridge and rewire put it over the top tonally.

I noticed you found a PRS bridge/Tailpiece combo that has the larger brass (older style) block bridge saddles. Very nice. They have a certain tonal quality that imho, the newer bridges don’t have. (I need to find one that will fit my McCarty 594 tunamatic)

I agree and so does @markd21. He managed to find one of the older block 2-piece units for his SE 594.

Hmmm, I thought the adjustable wraparounds still have the block saddles? If so, I wonder if those saddles are compatible with the two-piece. Maybe you could trade them out. This one came off of Mark's uber modded SE 245, which I think was a year or two ago?

Back