The Re-Issued McCarty

...and I just re-acquired a McCarty Trem last week.

It's headed to the PTC, before I officially declare a NGD.

HOPEFULLY....they allow a trem option. I'd love to have another

Nice move PRS!

T.

I too have a MC58 (2011) and the specs on the 2015 McCarty seem pretty much identical with the exception that I have 57/08's in mine. Everything else seems pretty much the same so I'm a happy guy!

Love my MC58!!!

Steve

I too have a MC58 (2011) and the specs on the 2015 McCarty seem pretty much identical with the exception that I have 57/08's in mine. Everything else seems pretty much the same so I'm a happy guy!

Love my MC58!!!

Steve

Save for the pickups, the MC58 is a better guitar head2head if the thickness is the same.

Yeah it does seem like basically the MC58 with lower MAP, which is certainly a good thing.

The MC58s had artist-level picked woods and tops but other than that.....

**PLEASE DO A TREM OPTION!*** :)

The P245 SH looks interesting but I'm not really excited over the "new" McCarty. It's not that the changes are bad, but they do make the guitar a little less McCarty like to me. The binding and Phase III tuners kill the vibe for me. More for everyone else then.

The P245 SH looks interesting but I'm not really excited over the "new" McCarty. It's not that the changes are bad, but they do make the guitar a little less McCarty like to me. The binding and Phase III tuners kill the vibe for me. More for everyone else then.

P3's are better than vintage.

How so? An Arist top.Is supposed to be better than a 10 just as a PS is supposed to better still.

It's right there in your reply. The top grading is subjective. I've seen non 10 tops that could easily be PS and vice versa.

The line between 10 top and artist is much narrower.

Put 5 10 tops and 5 artist tops next to each other. I'm betting only PRS's wood graders would be able to sort them -and some of them would disagree.

Save for the pickups, the MC58 is a better guitar head2head if the thickness is the same.

Nonsense.

1. A fancy top doesn't make a guitar "better." It might make it prettier. And I'm saying this even though I have a wood library version in the works.

Looks don't make a guitar a better instrument, maybe a more distinctive one to look at (and even that's depending on one's point of view., since a lot of players would prefer a plainer instrument).

2. The pickups are the 58/15s on the new model, and the 57/08s on the MC58. So it's an apples to oranges comparison by virtue of that fact alone.

Both are badass.....very little difference between the two......both PU sets are vintage/PAF styled..........comparing or arguing is silliness. :) Carry on

Nonsense.

1. A fancy top doesn't make a guitar "better." It might make it prettier. And I'm saying this even though I have a wood library version in the works.

Looks don't make a guitar a better instrument, maybe a more distinctive one to look at (and even that's depending on one's point of view., since a lot of players would prefer a plainer instrument).

2. The pickups are the 58/15s on the new model, and the 57/08s on the MC58. So it's an apples to oranges comparison by virtue of that fact alone.

On a pricing basis(what is the price anyway?).Nothing was mentioned about performance. Does anyone know about the body thickness?

58/15 are indeed different than the '08's as are the 08's from the 09's and 10's,(which would be what, grapes and melons?).

I drive an Acura TSX four banger which is the same as the six cylinder. Based on yearly operating cost, one is better than the other.

I'm a performance guy who keeps buying version guitars so I can't afford the TL(domestic dream car)or the Maserati '09 Quattro Porte(import dream).

I drive an Acura TSX four banger which is the same as the six cylinder. Based on yearly operating cost, one is better than the other..

But on a performance basis, the six is better.

Specifying the basis of comparison is always a good plan.

Back