The Re-Issued McCarty

Look, can we give this a rest? They make guitars, I buy guitars - it's not their fault I've bought PRS guitars! Let's stop beating them up over it! It really wasn't THEIR decision! :goodnight:

Yea, so this was only my opinion based on answering a direct question. Not beating anyone up over anything, nor is any rest required here. I don't agree with the decision and what a shame that my point of view conflicts with yours. Nothing more to say here.

What is this custom order promotion that everyone is talking about? Any links? Thanks

For the month of June you can special order core models. Just call up your dealer to get the info. Music store live posted about it. I haven't seen any direct links.

Yea, so this was only my opinion based on answering a direct question. Not beating anyone up over anything, nor is any rest required here. I don't agree with the decision and what a shame that my point of view conflicts with yours. Nothing more to say here.

alantig was having a dig at himself more than anything else. I don't think he was truly annoyed with your post, he just used it as a gravity well to slingshot himself to the Oort cloud.

alantig was having a dig at himself more than anything else. I don't think he was truly annoyed with your post, he just used it as a gravity well to slingshot himself to the Oort cloud.

Ah, there's no place like the Oort Cloud.

Alan was there on the Tardis.

alan was joking... and at his own expense.

And Les has the real answer anyway:

Maybe. But it's just as likely that sales start to sag for a product, and they pull production for that reason, but then later on, demand for its return builds up. So they reissue it.

No company continues a line when it's sales fall off. But if demand returns, so does the product.
Think muscle cars. Maybe you were too young to remember the oil embargo...

Last edited:
alan was joking... and at his own expense.

And Les has the real answer anyway:

No company continues a line when it's sales fall off. But if demand returns, so does the product.
Think muscle cars. Maybe you were too young to remember the oil embargo...

Well, I don't really know Alan so the humor is lost on me. I remember the oil crisis quite well...

One of my McCartys is a quilt red version of that blue one posted previously. I was just at the factory again today to pick it up from the PTC after a refinish. I'll post photos of it when I can but even with the McCarty guitars I already own, I find that I'm still looking real hard at this new one they just came out with.

I find that I'm still looking real hard at this new one they just came out with.

That was my feeling.

I had a bunch of McCartys over the years, and they were fantastic guitars. In fact, I didn't know I still needed one until I actually found myself placing the order. I really have to laugh at myself, I'm inconsistent as hell. ;)

Then again, I love the 85/15 pickups in my CU24 30th, and the 58/15s that are covered but similar should be terrific.

Plus WTF. Why not!

Last edited:
Alan was there on the Tardis.

IN the Tardis.

And I get in planes, not on them. Unless it's a plane of consciousness, in which case I have no connection to it.

And yes, JMango, it was a shot at myself. Since it seems to have missed, I guess I'm no Freddie Prinze.

I'm in love...
photo1.jpg

Yeah, me too! What color top is that? I don't see it in the available color choices. Maybe it's the lighting? I just really like the way it speaks to me...

Yeah, me too! What color top is that? I don't see it in the available color choices. Maybe it's the lighting? I just really like the way it speaks to me...

Looks like Black Gold Wrap to me...

Looks like Black Gold Wrap to me...

Yep. Or Black Gold Burst as they are calling it. My P24 is Black Gold Wrap/Burst (I've seen it called both), and I love the color. Mine has a bit less black in the edges, more dark red.

And yes, you travel in a TARDIS. Unless you are Capt Jack Harkness trying to literally hitch a ride to the end of the time...

IN the Tardis.

And I get in planes, not on them. Unless it's a plane of consciousness, in which case I have no connection to it.

And yes, JMango, it was a shot at myself. Since it seems to have missed, I guess I'm no Freddie Prinze.

Hey no worries man... I was just like, "dam, it was an honest answer to an honest question...." :)

In unrelated news - THIS FREEKIN THREAD pushed me over the edge to order one - especially with an ebony board! I am going to call my go to right now. I cannot decide between Black Cherry and Vintage Sunburst... KILLING me.

I really like the BC because it is different from anything I have already - my PRSi are all violin amber, tobacco, etc... My wife says, "they're all the same..." which is drawing me to go BC. But, the reason they are all the same is because I LIKE THAT COLOR FAMILY, which is making me want to VS...

Can a brotha git a witness???

Hey no worries man... I was just like, "dam, it was an honest answer to an honest question...." :)

In unrelated news - THIS FREEKIN THREAD pushed me over the edge to order one - especially with an ebony board! I am going to call my go to right now. I cannot decide between Black Cherry and Vintage Sunburst... KILLING me.

I really like the BC because it is different from anything I have already - my PRSi are all violin amber, tobacco, etc... My wife says, "they're all the same..." which is drawing me to go BC. But, the reason they are all the same is because I LIKE THAT COLOR FAMILY, which is making me want to VS...

I can offer no useful support, because if I was ordering one, I'd get it in Violet, Blood Orange, Azul, or Jade. But between BC and VS: I would pick BC, I suppose.

I think I may be sunk. The FAMILY must include Black Gold and I've got 2 tobaccos and a vintage Sunburst. Plus the ebony board (I am so with ya on that!), gotta have a talk with my Sweetwater guy...

I see the the new mccarty as the working mans Modern Eagle Quatro, especially with the rosewood neck upgrade you get for free this month. On the CNC machines there were notes to use the modern eagle program to cut the wood for them. Not sure what all is different between them other than pups and truss Rod cover. Even the neck inlays

How does an ME differ from core/McCarty units aside from inlayinlays and tops?

IN the Tardis.

I say you were sitting on the roof. In outer space. I don't know how you managed.

You should be aware that the tech magazine Live Science refers to flying ON, not IN the space shuttle (as do many references regarding large space vehicles).

http://www.livescience.com/32611-how-many-people-flew-on-the-space-shuttle-.html

Similarly, you don't sail in a ship, you sail on a ship, as in, "My ancestors came over on the Mayflower," which is the correct usage but in my case not the correct fact. "I flew here on a 747." "I came on Fight 42." These are examples of correct English usage as it relates to aircraft.

Now, is the Tardis like a car, something you ride in, or like a ship, something you ride on, even if you're inside it?

I don't purport to know the answer to this question in the matter of the Tardis, but in any case, it's only about a television show.

Clearly however, the reference to "on" is accepted enough in most instances I can think of for this kind of vehicle, and it should be very clear that I'm the wrong guy to mess with when it comes to English usage. ;)

Last edited:
Ok.... The dishes are done man... I chose Black Cherry with an ebony fretboard, 58/15's and an anodized stop tail piece. 2-3 months... *sigh*....

This thing thing is going to be magical... :)

For anyone who wants to work with a professional who will make sure you're happy, Eric Martin at Martin Music in Tennessee.... Eric's good people...

Then again, I love the 85/15 pickups in my CU24 30th, and the 58/15s that are covered but similar should be terrific.

Has anyone been able to put into words exactly what is the difference between the 85/15 pickups and the 58/15s?

Back