The prodigal CU24 returns

loocnmad

Specializing in Dental Law
After almost 9mos at the PTC it's finally back!

and then I see this.....
sRGc14J.jpeg

What kind of monster would do this to me? I'll be back in a few hours with some reunion pics and first impressions :D

Hahahahaha! I know it's not funny, but it kind of is. A cruel and inhuman joke on the impatient. Yup, wait a while. Back in the day, the band I worked with (I did lights back in the early 80's) was doing a winter gig. One of the guitar players let his axe sit in the truck overnight after the gig. Grabbed it and opened the flight case to practice, and you could all but watch the surface checking.

Finally ready to go. To recap, I sent it in because I was getting a lot of static through the pickups when just moving my hand up and down the neck. Didn't matter if I was grounded to the bridge and there was some pretty loud popping on the switch.

After they got it they noticed some bridge bite and sent it back to the finish dept which is what took so long.

They said the color might be a little different and it definitely is. A little darker than the original Purple Iris but I actually like it a bit better now. The static is gone for the bridge pu. I do still hear it a bit on any position with the neck pu engaged but it's nowhere near what it was and I think I can actually record with it now. May try some temporary shielding in the neck pu cavity but that's for another day.

KLqAi7I.jpg

What's the final verdict? Pretty bad@$$. Plays like butter and sounds great. Very full and has some thick low mids. My main players are EBMM Cutlass, Valentine, and Axis SS. They're all pretty bright and should be a killer compliment to what I'm getting from the PRS. Can't wait to try recording a few tracks.

And if anyone saw my sad post in the thread about dogs, here's an update on the little one. She won't be a giant like her predecessors but at 7 mos she's already 65lbs. She may be the weirdest dog I've ever lived with so she fits right in around my house.

dovbgwp.jpg

Finally ready to go. To recap, I sent it in because I was getting a lot of static through the pickups when just moving my hand up and down the neck. Didn't matter if I was grounded to the bridge and there was some pretty loud popping on the switch.

After they got it they noticed some bridge bite and sent it back to the finish dept which is what took so long.

They said the color might be a little different and it definitely is. A little darker than the original Purple Iris but I actually like it a bit better now. The static is gone for the bridge pu. I do still hear it a bit on any position with the neck pu engaged but it's nowhere near what it was and I think I can actually record with it now. May try some temporary shielding in the neck pu cavity but that's for another day.

KLqAi7I.jpg

What's the final verdict? Pretty bad@$$. Plays like butter and sounds great. Very full and has some thick low mids. My main players are EBMM Cutlass, Valentine, and Axis SS. They're all pretty bright and should be a killer compliment to what I'm getting from the PRS. Can't wait to try recording a few tracks.

And if anyone saw my sad post in the thread about dogs, here's an update on the little one. She won't be a giant like her predecessors but at 7 mos she's already 65lbs. She may be the weirdest dog I've ever lived with so she fits right in around my house.

dovbgwp.jpg
Stunning! a beauty !
The big doggie seems disappointed at the return, “will I still have my caresses??”!

So..... ya ready for me to stain you a match you top flame set of plates? hehehe
That's very generous but I kind of like it the way it is. It sort of extends the contrast of the natural binding around to the back.

Back