The Pot

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
So I had a volume pot go bad on me and had to replace it with a cts pot from a local store. I hate the higher resistance of the new pot. To much effort to turn it. I will be promptly ordering a few from PRS. I know there's people that don't like the low resistance ones PRS uses, but not me.

Give me the PRS pot!!!

I like pot too :p. Oh wait, you're talking about the volume pot?! I like the PRS ones also :oops::eek:.

Ok, I'll see myself out :mad::D.

So I had a volume pot go bad on me and had to replace it with a cts pot from a local store. I hate the higher resistance of the new pot. To much effort to turn it. I will be promptly ordering a few from PRS. I know there's people that don't like the low resistance ones PRS uses, but not me.

Give me the PRS pot!!!

Sergio's going to get the wrong idea about this thread, and then be all bummed when he gets here :p

Sergio's going to get the wrong idea about this thread, and then be all bummed when he gets here :p

Man... I used to love the pot.

I'm draggin' my ass busting out the soldering iron today. I got some PRS pots I gotta wire up, but I don't wanna.

Give me the PRS pot!!!

636022487083686396942086887_tumblr_nkg42wng5T1uompwio1_500.gif

I smoked a pot on one of my CU24's because apparently I used a crappy soldering pencil that was too hot, solder that was too thick and I didn't use a heat sink. A replacement volume pot from PRS was not cheap and neither was the professional soldering rig that I bought. Built a super heavy duty work bench which is the same exact height of the guitar repair shop's bench down the street (with a working surface of 42&1/2 inches high) Working up the nerve to try again. Might replace some pickups in a different guitar too once I get the new soldering iron heated up.

I smoked a pot on one of my CU24's because apparently I used a crappy soldering pencil that was too hot, solder that was too thick and I didn't use a heat sink. A replacement volume pot from PRS was not cheap and neither was the professional soldering rig that I bought. Built a super heavy duty work bench which is the same exact height of the guitar repair shop's bench down the street (with a working surface of 42&1/2 inches high) Working up the nerve to try again. Might replace some pickups in a different guitar too once I get the new soldering iron heated up.
Keep practicing, you'll get it. Important to have the right tools, but I got away for many years using crap from radio shack. Hell, I still have cables I made 15 years ago that work great. I open them up to take a peek and they look like hell. I'm much better after getting experience.

Back