The One Pedal you MUST have. Home. Studio. Gigs

Fromel Shape EQ. Treble boost or cut, bass boost or cut, and a parametric mid. Must have.

If the tone is wrong it messes with my head.

Now that being said, I always have reverb and some delay in my sound, because that's what I like, but the delay isn't essential and while I MUST have reverb, that could be from the amp, so that doesn't count.

Fromel Shape EQ. Treble boost or cut, bass boost or cut, and a parametric mid. Must have.

If the tone is wrong it messes with my head.

Now that being said, I always have reverb and some delay in my sound, because that's what I like, but the delay isn't essential and while I MUST have reverb, that could be from the amp, so that doesn't count.
Are those still being made? They were the talk of GearPage a few years ago. All good talk too!

I haven't touched an electric in months...but, when I did (and when I inevitably return) my always on, must have pedal is a Timmy.
Because both of my amps are mostly clean I need a little grit from a full frequency pedal that doesn’t color the sound. My MXR Timmy does this perfectly. I know most people like the middle diode selected but I prefer the grittier, more compressed sound of the right side diode instead.

Besides the obvious tuner
What is one pedal that you have at all times. You simply can't imagine plugging in without.
I know this gets brought up now and again, but I feel like it's always good to re-discuss, especially as new tones and so many new models are hitting the market.
For me it's the Morley Bad Horsie.
I'm mostly a plug into the amp guy. I've had a lot of dirt pedals. Had a few chorus pedals. But gotta have a wah.
A clean overdrive.
Mine is either the Way Huge Green Rhino Mark IV or Darkglass VMT, depending on the flavor of overdrive I want.

Because both of my amps are mostly clean I need a little grit from a full frequency pedal that doesn’t color the sound. My MXR Timmy does this perfectly. I know most people like the middle diode selected but I prefer the grittier, more compressed sound of the right side diode instead.

That's exactly how I use the Timmy as well - just add a little sparkle round the edges, I don't like a completely clean tone.

Only one pedal for all three situations?

It would have to be a good EQ. Boss GE-7, or something of the like. Just learned of a programable EQ pedal by Source Audio "EQ2"... that looks interesting.

I know it's not as exciting as those others have mentioned, but a good EQ is worth its weight in gold IMO ;)

Back