The Official Ted McCarty Limited Edition Love Thread!

Comin' at ya...

lt12.jpg
this kills me every time you post it Mr George :adore:

Took my Ted to my favorite luthier for a setup this week. Shot a few pics under the pickups while I had the chance. Lots of markings in there:

IMG_1852_zpsefqthugl.jpg

IMG_1866_zpsxv6pohxg.jpg

My latest DC 245 Ted creation, and favorite of all time!

PS5433%2B03.jpg

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Obeche body, 6.5 pounds. 5815 pickups and DGT controls.

I love it! Plays and sounds great.

My other Obeche one came back from the PTC with a refin from Aquamarine to Aquaviolet, it turned out great!

IMG_0169.JPG

Wow MA Pete, Such a great combination of DC245 and DGT. Bravo!

Love the finish and top, looks like a fairly subtle one piece in one shot and then boom shows its crazy figure in another depending on how it catches the light.

Last edited:
My latest DC 245 Ted creation, and favorite of all time!

PS5433%2B03.jpg

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Obeche body, 6.5 pounds. 5815 pickups and DGT controls.

I love it! Plays and sounds great.

My other Obeche one came back from the PTC with a refin from Aquamarine to Aquaviolet, it turned out great!

IMG_0169.JPG

THAT AQUAVIOLET CRUSHES!!!! NICE MOVE!!!

Wow MA Pete, Such a great combination of DC245 and DGT. Bravo!

Love the finish and top, looks like a fairly subtle one piece in one shot and then boom shows its crazy figure in another depending on how it catches the light.

Thanks! That's how I would describe it, it is subtle like that. I was going for that more Vintage vibe, so that's why I picked a more subtle one-piece quilt.

It's part of my personal "Beauty of the Burst" personal run of 2 guitars, inspired by the Private Stock McCarty Singlecut run:

IMG_0124.JPG

;)

That's a great shot, Pete! Now for some reason the stack o' Marshall heads seems to have been supplanted by a Friedman, so let's hear about how it sounds with the new axe!

Pete, you can send that glacier quilt over to me whenever you like! :p

This has been posted in the past, but since I like to say that my Ted's are all Pete's fault...well here ya go!

L/R - One of the two Gold Top P-90 Teds from the Willcutt's Run (has gone off to a new home), PS 4715 stained Zombie Stage 3 and the UltraViolet IRW Ted that 11Top sold to Pete whom sold it to me.

Teds.jpg

I'm looking for a McCarty Ltd, DC or SC. Let me know condition and neck carve.
Thanks

Joined the Ted club. This was previously seen as #9 on page 2 of this thread. Loving it! Apologies for the poor pic. Rainy day in Chicago.
20160324_113525_zpsljtvwdfi.jpg

My first post on the PRS Forum, what could be more appropriate? :mrgreen:

For me the Ted McCarty Limited Edition (much easier to just call them "Ted's") are the best PRSi ever, particularly the Willcutt's Wood Library Limiteds.

I have owned a whopping 15, here are my current (and favorite!) four:

166839-2.jpg

166601-2.jpg

167188-2.jpg

166593-2.jpg

...with the last one inbound from iahawk36.

Oh yeah, plus a PS DC 245 Ted on order... ;)

Let this be the place here on the PRS Forum to share the love of all things Ted!

Long live the "Ted"!!

Whew! Nice bunch!

I took a ride out to Stevensville last week and dropped off the Bobbsey Twins for a few days at the spa. Nothin' fancy. A few microphonic pots need work, a bit of fretwork, and whatever else floats their boat. I tend to ride hard and put away wet. It'll be fun to see how they come back... Nothing cosmetic though. They're perfect as-is...

tedsx2-1.jpg

Joined the Ted club. This was previously seen as #9 on page 2 of this thread. Loving it! Apologies for the poor pic. Rainy day in Chicago.
20160324_113525_zpsljtvwdfi.jpg

Congrats, Bodia!! I owned 5 Singlecuts with Rosewood necks, and I recall that being my one of favorites with regards to tone, if not the very best one!

So glad to see it got into the hands of a fellow Forum Member! ;)

Last edited:
I took a ride out to Stevensville last week and dropped off the Bobbsey Twins for a few days at the spa. Nothin' fancy. A few microphonic pots need work, a bit of fretwork, and whatever else floats their boat. I tend to ride hard and put away wet. It'll be fun to see how they come back... Nothing cosmetic though. They're perfect as-is...

tedsx2-1.jpg

Miss those ones, what a pair!! Glad to hear you are taking great care of them with some PTC love... :)

Back