The Official Ted McCarty Limited Edition Love Thread!

Thanks Pete. Here's my new Ted.

hUock8s.jpg

Full post here https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/ngd.23667/#post-325758

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it is the rigth place.
First of all, I want to introduce myself. My name is Jose, and I´m from Spain.
All my life I was a Les Paul fan.... but I recently purchase the best guitar I ever seen in all my life. I´m absolutely in love.
She was a Ted Mccarty Wood Library SC in a limited run from Willcutt from 2010 in a glorious smokeburst and with P90. I thought she has artist grade top...

I thougt I can´t upload photos until I have 3 post, so I can´t show you right now, but she was amazing.

I have one question, do you know what P90 model was in this limited run?. It´s just curiosity, because its sound really well to my, but I want to know the most as possible about my guitar.

Many thanks to all, and all the best.

Jose

I believe PRS was using Seymour Duncan P-90s (as they still do but on the 594 Soapbar they used a more vintage formula). The ones they used before the 594 were similar to the Custom P-90s that are a little brighter; the 594 Soapbar uses the Antiquity pickups that are made to fit the PRS body cavity.

Incidentally, that’s a wonderful model, and I’ve really loved P-90 PRSes since they started using them on the McCarty and CU22 Soapbar.

Great guitar - enjoy it!

Almost sold mine to fund a Santana purchase. I ended up backing out of an almost-sale.

I felt pretty bad but I just couldn't sell.

Many thabks for the reply.
I also have more questions, sorry... as I new to PRS, I dont really know what is the difference between the "Ted Mccarty" and the just "Mccarty". Can someone teach..
P. D I try to attach one pict of the guitar to show you, but I dont really know how.. As soon I learn I will show to you!!

Many thabks for the reply.
I also have more questions, sorry... as I new to PRS, I dont really know what is the difference between the "Ted Mccarty" and the just "Mccarty". Can someone teach..
P. D I try to attach one pict of the guitar to show you, but I dont really know how.. As soon I learn I will show to you!!

Ted Mccartys were a limited run, mostly made in 2009-2010 with a few made up until 2015.

Ted McCarty guitars have Santana headstocks with flamed maple veneers and they're 24.5" scale. McCartys don't always come with "vintage style" kluson-looking tuners, but I'm pretty sure all Teds do (except private stock). Teds always have a bound neck.

Edit: one more thing. I've been told the body thickness is the same between McCarty and Ted but I've never held mine to a McCarty or directly to another core guitar to compare.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm a brand new member here. I have a wonderful Glacier Blue McCarty PRS that I need to sell, as a victim of COVID, but I wanted to make sure this is an appropriate place to post such a thing before pissing everyone off. Don't shoot me for asking. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I'm a brand new member here. I have a wonderful Glacier Blue McCarty PRS that I need to sell, as a victim of COVID, but I wanted to make sure this is an appropriate place to post such a thing before pissing everyone off. Don't shoot me for asking. Thanks in advance!

No harm in asking, but there's no For Sale forum here. There are a few other places that can handle it (Vintage Rocker, Reverb, etc.).

No harm in asking, but there's no For Sale forum here. There are a few other places that can handle it (Vintage Rocker, Reverb, etc.).
Roger that, really appreciate the response! It's hard to find a good place to sell a guitar right now...

Roger that, really appreciate the response! It's hard to find a good place to sell a guitar right now...

Good bunch of folks at Vintage Rocker, but traffic was down the last time I was over there, so I'm not sure what kind of response you'll get.

Having just retired from 40+ years of practicing straight and level, thanks for the nostalgic “roger”. Try The Gear Page also. I’ve had good luck buying and selling there. Any of the heavy opinionated stuff isn’t on their for sale (Emporium) forums.

Back