The Official Ted McCarty Limited Edition Love Thread!

Comin' at ya...

lt12.jpg

19th time:

DIBS!!

;)

I love the short scale with the IRW neck on the two IRW WL SC Ted's I have had, would love to try it on an DC Ted! An excuse to order another PS Ted, I guess! :mrgreen:

WOW - (and CRAP!) all at the same time! I may have a new favorite PRS color! Lemongrass! :D

Outstanding ;)

Resurrecting an old thread here for help with a question.

Did some of these Ted DC 245s come with a solid black headstock, and not the grey/black curly maple veneer? I'm eyeing a used '09 that looks to have a solid black headstock, and I've only ever seen ones with the curly maple veneer.

Thanks Pete. That's what I thought. I just picked up a Ted Soapbar. And while I do prefer nitro, I don't want the rubber padding on the stand to react with the finish.

Found this thread in 2014 when I was researching this model. Hope no one minds me resurrecting it. Finally got around to buying one of these beauties. 2010 Wood Library Ted in McCarty Smokeburst:

IMG_1828_zpsbtmi7bas.jpg

IMG_1829_zpsllmqjvdo.jpg

IMG_1807_zpshtgga6wz.jpg

Found this thread in 2014 when I was researching this model. Hope no one minds me resurrecting it. Finally got around to buying one of these beauties. 2010 Wood Library Ted in McCarty Smokeburst:

I really like this one. I'm not sure what it is but somehow as nice as it is it looks like it's old. i love that.

ted_zpsh6xcgjsm.jpg
</a>"]http://[/URL][/img]

Just an ordinary 2009 daily player(not a wall hanger)in a non 10 smokeburst...but it's secret is the set of '11's combined w/the 57/08's.

Last edited:
A Couple that have passed through my hands....
I owned this one a couple of times.... sweet and soapy, a 1 off..

Single Cut with Rosewood Neck, anemic Mint colored Glacier Blue sent to Europe..

Nice Smokey Burst traded to Red Guitars

Sunburst Single Cut, stupidly sold many moons ago...

I owned the McBurst above from GTRMAV, but didn't match my forum ID so had to trade it for the one on the left in this pic:

ScarletTrio.JPG

Here's another shot of the McBurst one:

513SA-Ted.JPG

A different angle glamour shot of my four, I dig this angle to show off the top, the binding, and the contrast with the Antique Natural backs (and a peek at those IRW necks!):

166839-5.jpg

166601-5.jpg

167188-5.jpg

166593-5.jpg

The best part is, they sound better than they look! :mrgreen:

I just bought my first PRS, a Paul's Guitar. I said in my NGD post I don't think I'd own multiple PRSzzzz. If that top one crossed my path It would be on my credit card quicker than you could say will that be cheque, savings or Credit ?

What guitarist has savings ??? We have Gas !!!

WOW - (and CRAP!) all at the same time! I may have a new favorite PRS color! Lemongrass! :D

Outstanding ;)

i just realised this was the colour I was thinking of when I went for Jade Green ? That looks like the
colour of plants you see in the sea. My Paul's kinda looks like the colour of the plants that have washed up on the beach (By compariso).

Last edited:
Back