The Official Ted McCarty Limited Edition Love Thread!

Congrats, Bodia!! I owned 5 Singlecuts with Rosewood necks, and I recall that being my one of favorites with regards to tone, if not the very best one!

So glad to see it got into the hands of a fellow Vintage Rocker! ;)

Headbanger
Thanks Pete. It's a keeper in my book. Love it! \m/

Whew! Nice bunch!

Thanks!

All long gone now and upgraded to Private Stock DC and SC Ted's of some sort, 3 of 4 of which I spec'ed myself - but the cool thing is that I know where all 4 of those are, with fellow forum members who are still enjoying them! ;)

That is very cool to me, when I have something awesome in the collection but sell it because I got something just a little more awesome in, that they go to Forum members that I know. I am always a little bummed in the rare case that doesn't happen...

Sorry guys, looks like I missed some posts here from last year. Better late than never, I guess!

Pete, you can send that glacier quilt over to me whenever you like! :p

As you can see from the above, you'll have to take that up with Aristotle!

I wouldn't hold your breath! ;)

It's a really bizarre scale length choice with really no history of any kind. I wonder if this is as close as PRS can get to 24.75 due to legal restrictions?

My first post here, too, and my first Ted is awaiting delivery from UPS...

A78B740B-8833-4C1B-8BC5-34E1B05C30D6_zpsosjyxzlu.jpg

It's a really bizarre scale length choice with really no history of any kind. I wonder if this is as close as PRS can get to 24.75 due to legal restrictions?

Not at all. The fact is that the 50s and 60s, Gibson necks weren't really 24.75.

They varied between 24.5 and 24.75, usually more or less in the middle.

Paul Smith has measured his own late 50s LPs, and was further mentored by Ted McCarty, Gibson's former president in the classic years, and holder of numerous patents. There's a reason the 594 guitar sounds like it does. It has the scale length Paul Smith actually measured on his own classic LPs.

Measuring vs "specs" seems to matter.. ;)

Anyone looking to get rid of their DC teddy? I'm in the market and it's a bit dilute

My first post here, too, and my first Ted is awaiting delivery from UPS...

You'll fall in love playing this one, they are truly special
I would like to know the name of this burst.
Don't forget to post pictures in your NGD

Congrats

Is it reasonable to think I could find a 10-top Ted under around 1800 in the next year or so? I've heard great things about all 57/08 59/09 and 58/15 so I'm not as worried about the changes over the years. I found a sweet '09 non-10 with 57/08 (aka LSchefman PAFs) for about $1700. It fits the bill, but I'd love a 10.

Is it reasonable to think I could find a 10-top Ted under around 1800 in the next year or so? I've heard great things about all 57/08 59/09 and 58/15 so I'm not as worried about the changes over the years. I found a sweet '09 non-10 with 57/08 (aka LSchefman PAFs) for about $1700. It fits the bill, but I'd love a 10.

There is a glacier blue for sale on some of the popular forums for a pretty good price considering how rare the color it.

There is a glacier blue for sale on some of the popular forums for a pretty good price considering how rare the color it.

I noticed that bad boy. I also saw it a few posts up on this thread... if I'm not mistaken. It's a sweet deal and if I could swing the price I would probably go for it.

Sadly my pockets are not so deep and my lady kills with kindness (somehow it's worse than anger).

Hey dudes. Still awaiting delivery on my Ted. just noticed the adjustable bridge on some of these pics.

Can anyone weigh in on what bridge this is on the far left? Pete it's your pic so I'm sure you know...

The gentleman on the first page from Singapore had the same bridge. Is it a nice replacement for the PRS bridge, did you need to change the studs?

4%2520WL%2520Teds%25201.jpg

Back