The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

OK, but saving the rest for the "reveal"....

411151_6_zpsitekdwn0.jpg
Nothing Brazzie for breakfast. YUM!

On a related note John Mayer switched to a 594 for a couple songs with Dead and Co at Fenway last night. Big difference in tone from the Super Eagle.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling one of my 594SC's it's a 10 top in blood orange over here in the UK as I've realised I prefer one over the other. I just wondered am I able to post this on forum at all?

Thanks
Paul

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling one of my 594SC's it's a 10 top in blood orange over here in the UK as I've realised I prefer one over the other. I just wondered am I able to post this on forum at all?

Thanks
Paul

Not this one, but those forums are out there.

I think I know where this is headin'.... Is it for sale in the UK and does it resemble the original GOMs a lot?

I certainly know of five PS 594DCs and two 594SCs, that have followed the same spec and colour, as the original Feb GOM and been offered for sale in the UK; the only difference with the SCs, is the matching wood back plates.
I've just bought one of the SC guitars, so will be keen to know which dealer Guitarsan's has come from - if it's from the UK?

I think I know where this is headin'.... Is it for sale in the UK and does it resemble the original GOMs a lot?

Wasn't aware of the similarity with the DC GOM, but it is close!

Ha, makes two of us, Pete! Alas, there has been an intermittent period of stock selling and money transferrin' to get the funds situation "situated". I can say that not only were the funds finally put in place, but this morning I sent them whizzing across the Atlantic. So the wait begins. Figuring three weeks, but who knows, maybe I can be pleasantly surprised. Rest assured an N5D thread and cameo appearance here will follow! - Scott

Awesome, thanks for the update!!

When it comes to Private Stocks, to quote Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part! (Well, maybe that and the emptying of the bank account!) ;)

OK, but saving the rest for the "reveal"....

411151_6_zpsitekdwn0.jpg

Okay, that is enough to show me that it was not the one I was thinking of. ;)

Nothing Brazzie for breakfast. YUM!

Yum, yes! Not Brazzie though, Madagascar. Still on the CITES list and a PIA to get across the pond with the new rules, though... :(

Started my N5D post elsewhere (PRS allergy...) but thought the obligatory SC594 photo on this thread is mandatory (Sorry, we were photobombed by his other blues brothers Crab and Matteo!).

The SC594 is a phenomenal guitar in all aspects and the IRW neck is spectacular to play and feels wonderful. Not sure if it's the combination of the neck and the PRS craftsmanship of the guitar (my first 594, my first all RW neck) but it's so acoustically loud I can hear the guitar by itself. Almost like I have to turn up the amp more to "drown myself out". Amazing.

I was a little hesitant about the 58/15 LT pickups due to the low winds but they are more than "just fine". They are clear and articulate. Only minor sniggle at this point is the push/pull pots are more sunken in than my LPs and to access and pull up on the PRS lampshades knobs for tapping isn't 100% perfect. They are pretty slippery. I will probably go the clear Plasti-dip route and spray the knob sides to get more side tack for easier grabbing (or switch to push-push pot).

35229836841_bc932ac484_c.jpg

Awesome snag! Killer top on that one! I dig the finish as well.

Congrats!

THAT is a fantastic finish!

Thanks, HANGAR18! That was a custom finish I requested, and described in detail with some pics of other classic guitars and in depth descriptions with Paul Miles. He did a KILLER job on it, nailed exactly what I had asked for. Paul and Team do such a killer job with the finishes in the Private Stock program!

Awesome, thanks for the update!!

Yum, yes! Not Brazzie though, Madagascar. Still on the CITES list and a PIA to get across the pond with the new rules, though... :(

Yes, sorry, didn't notice the Brazzie comment earlier. This is Maddy Rosewood, as you suggest.

They say it could take up to 8 weeks to process the paperwork (read:acquire permits on both sides of the transaction), but hopefully they're just trying to keep me from emailing every 3 days asking where it is. Surely it will take less time, but, hey, lots less time than ordering a Private Stock from PRS! ;)

So, while I'm on CITES, how stupid is the whole thing. Here PRS has properly acquired the Rosewood, manufactured a finished guitar with it, and certified same with CITES permit when they shipped it to Europe. With me so far? So why in the heck can't that permit stay with the finished guitar in the dealer's possession, then transfer to me as the consumer? Why the completely new re-exporting and re-importing paperwork, re-permitting exercise? Isn't it the same finished guitar, with the same permit already approved and lineage? How is there any possible violation of CITES Appendix II regulations if nothing has been done to the finished guitar and it's basically "travelling around" in its finished state? So stupid.

They say it could take up to 8 weeks to process the paperwork (read:acquire permits on both sides of the transaction), but hopefully they're just trying to keep me from emailing every 3 days asking where it is. Surely it will take less time, but, hey, lots less time than ordering a Private Stock from PRS! ;)

So, while I'm on CITES, how stupid is the whole thing. Here PRS has properly acquired the Rosewood, manufactured a finished guitar with it, and certified same with CITES permit when they shipped it to Europe. With me so far? So why in the heck can't that permit stay with the finished guitar in the dealer's possession, then transfer to me as the consumer? Why the completely new re-exporting and re-importing paperwork, re-permitting exercise? Isn't it the same finished guitar, with the same permit already approved and lineage? How is there any possible violation of CITES Appendix II regulations if nothing has been done to the finished guitar and it's basically "travelling around" in its finished state? So stupid.

Well, I woke up this morning to an email that says they're preparing for shipment, so the whole 8 week thing above apparently was worst case, and maybe because of the factors I mention above in my "rant", someone somewhere told them "nah, you're good". And we wait.....

I certainly know of five PS 594DCs and two 594SCs, that have followed the same spec and colour, as the original Feb GOM and been offered for sale in the UK; the only difference with the SCs, is the matching wood back plates.
I've just bought one of the SC guitars, so will be keen to know which dealer Guitarsan's has come from - if it's from the UK?

Mine's not from the UK. And photos coming soon on yours?

I really want to see what a singlecut 594 looks like in Whale Blue, but can't find ANY photos of one, if anyone has seen one please direct me! I can find the double cutaway model but not a singlecut....thx!

Back