The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Here are a few dealer pics from Brian...it'll be a couple days before I can take some myself (maybe another group photo shoot) Great addition to my 3 DC 594s (2 PS and another Brian's WL)...bit of a different vibe..."ballsier" seems the right word, especially with that bridge 59/09 wide open.
(Look away Sergio....)

E76D7DE4-315E-4217-BC00-F9724A06C6B6_zpsbsogqpyu.jpg

325AB3E9-E20A-49DC-9B69-A4A4440BA081_zpsf8sndmlt.jpg

B3708A9E-A5B2-4E80-BE90-BB5181B4090C_zpsybgwsmkc.jpg

Killer top! Perfect for that blue too! Just like a shimmering pool......then Nessy reaches out and grabs you buy the short hairs!

Killer top! Perfect for that blue too! Just like a shimmering pool......then Nessy reaches out and grabs you buy the short hairs!

Thanks Bodia!!! I was struggling with a name for this one. She's now Venetia (nickname "Nessy").

Thanks Bodia!!! I was struggling with a name for this one. She's now Venetia (nickname "Nessy").

Outstanding! Glad I could help! Have to admit, after I typed it, I thought it would make a good name. :)

Here are a few dealer pics from Brian...it'll be a couple days before I can take some myself (maybe another group photo shoot) Great addition to my 3 DC 594s (2 PS and another Brian's WL)...bit of a different vibe..."ballsier" seems the right word, especially with that bridge 59/09 wide open.
(Look away Sergio....)

B3708A9E-A5B2-4E80-BE90-BB5181B4090C_zpsybgwsmkc.jpg

AWESOME! Love it!

Congrats! I am sure that 5909 in the bridge really rips...

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself, 52 yr old long time player, currently have a 2014 R0 which I love but sick of of cracked knobs, tuning problems, intonation, etc. Looking at my first PRS, ready to pull the trigger on an SC594, I need precision & perfection from my guitar, I've seen enough vids and audio on the 594 to take the plunge, any retailers you guys recommend??

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself, 52 yr old long time player, currently have a 2014 R0 which I love but sick of of cracked knobs, tuning problems, intonation, etc. Looking at my first PRS, ready to pull the trigger on an SC594, I need precision & perfection from my guitar, I've seen enough vids and audio on the 594 to take the plunge, any retailers you guys recommend??

Heya George! Where do you live? That may help narrow things down some. You really can't go wrong with any of the Signature dealers if you're looking to buy online, so it may come down to which shop has the one you like the best.

Cross-posting my N5D post to capture it here in the SC 594 Thread.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...rototype-believe-it-or-not.23436/#post-324428

Loving it!!

N5D (New 594 Day!) - A second SC 594 Prototype! This one also through my "Guardian Angel of SC 594's", JD at Guitar Maverick. I can't believe it, I just feel very humbled and fortunate right now, I am so smitten with this model, and somehow these two incredible Prototypes made their way to me. (Thanks, JD!!)

So if you guys recall, I went through a pretty intense year of DC 594 obsession last year, and eagerly awaited the introduction of the SC 594 model. JD had the opportunity to get a Prototype SC 594 in early October, before the SC 594 model was announced, and he just knew that it had to be in my hands, I didn't even hesitate for a millisecond before telling him that of course I would take it. From the moment it arrived, it has been my favorite guitar EVER, an amazing instrument, and very special to me.

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

See my original NGD Post from last October here:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/thread...-private-stock-singlecut-594-prototype.20001/

Flash forward to last weekend at the Dallas Guitar Show, where JD became aware of another similar prototype SC 594 that was available, one that PRS had made for Rumbleseat Music, that Rumbleseat was selling. He again knew that I must have it, and called me right away.

So here it is, a Prototype SC 594 from the Private Stock team, very similar to my first one in spec, Mahogany Body and Neck, Brazilian Board and Veneer, and those gorgeous "Blade Knot" inlays that I love so much!

IMG_0992_zpsrhk0exaw.jpg

IMG_0985_zpsau7otn5i.jpg

IMG_0986_zpse7ccwhz1.jpg

IMG_0988_zpsl4rav1wz.jpg

IMG_0994_zps56zjeqyz.jpg

IMG_0995_zps0dp9zogz.jpg

IMG_0989_zps438uem9p.jpg

IMG_0993_zpswcodx0tk.jpg

It is a very interesting and awesome guitar, and in my mind very complementary to my existing Prototype!

They both have that "new" Semi-Gloss Nitro finish that I had never seen before my Prototype. I love it, makes it feel nice and worn in, like an old baseball glove.

The new one has a more "Vintage Vibe" with a less fancy top, and the Cherry back and a Burst finish versus a Glow finish makes it look much more like a Classic Singlecut sort of guitar. The Board and Veneer are a lot darker in tone/color. This one has the Maple Binding on the neck and body stained/tinted yellowish like the 2014 McCarty Singlecuts, and the 2016 Feb GOM DC 594. The finish is the same as the 2016 Feb GOM DC 594, "Vintage McCarty Burst". This one does not have the binding on the Headstock like the DC GOM, or the other Prototype. That also leads it to look more vintage, IMO.

It is freakishly light for an SC 594, about 8 pounds even. My other Prototype is 8.75 pounds, and most of mine have been 8.75 to just over 9.

Tone is FANTASTIC! I will comment on that more as I get more time with it.

The pickups are a mystery, they are custom wound PAF's PRS did for this guitar, simply inscribed with "Rumbleseat A" and "Rumbleseat B".

IMG_0987_zpscthlfuxj.jpg

They are killer PAF's perhaps a tad hotter than the LT's, but not much. I would bet they are somewhere in that classic PAF range of 8.5K bridge / 7.7K neck range, we shall see if I ever get them measured.

Thanks again JD, YOU ROCK for making sure yet another epic Prototype SC 594 got into my hands!! :)

And of course thank you Paul and Team for this amazing model, and another killer example of it from the Private Stock team!

-Pete

Hi Garrett, I live in the Philly area, I travel quite a bit to Miami for work and I did get to try a DC594 at GC, played like butter, I would of bought it but it wasn't my color. I'm really tempted by the SC594 now and looking online for the "Right" one.

I have been playing and enjoying my SC 594's. One thing that stands out for me - I am very impressed with the tone and feel of this particular one:

IMG_0724_zpsgzastrra.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsf1e7pqwk.jpg

IMG_0725_zpswogozfo8.jpg

It is a Willcutt Guitars Wood Library SC 594, posted before here, posting again with updated thoughts. From a standpoint of feel, tone, vibe, it totally hangs with the Private Stocks. The only way you can tell the difference really is the V12 finish versus the Nitro (and particularly the Semi-Gloss Nitro on the 2 Prototypes), the plastic binding versus the Maple Binding, and the lack of super fancy inlays.

Really, those are not really a big deal, the V12 finish is quite nice, and to me feels close to the High Gloss Nitro. The plastic binding looks great on this, I like it a lot. It actually is closer to the vibe of that classic Singlecut we tend to compare this model to. ;) The MOP Old Birds look great on this killer dark Brazilian board. This one is the "best value" in my SC 594 collection!! :)

Love this "Faded Vintage Yellow" finish with a Faded Cherry back. The top on this one is very vintage, really matches the finish and the finish and top together create a really classic vintage vibe. After having this one for a while now and really bonding with it, I can't help but to declare it my favorite non-Private Stock PRS to-date! (Sorry BrianC - I think it will be a long wait re your Dibs call on this one!)

(My Tobacco Willcutt Wood Library SC 594 is great too, but I don't get a chance to play that as much as that is in my CA apartment, and only play it through a Yamaha THR-10, so it is tough to comment re tone, but it sure plays feels and looks great as well.)

IMG_0701_zps0ezmbpsq.jpg

There are some GREAT Wood Library SC 594's showing up now at multiple dealers. We had historically complained here about the lack of choices available at dealers for SC 594's, that is now starting to not be the case, some great finishes and tops showing up now! I look forward to seeing more "N5D's" of some of those here shortly!!

I'm in the process of spec'cing a really unique SC594. Can't wait to see it turn to reality!!

Awesome, congrats!

I have my first SC 594 Private Stock that I personally spec'ed in the Private Stock Vault coming in soon. I am pretty stoked about it!!

Well I finally dove in to the 594 madness! Now the waiting begins. Will have more photos and tone report once I get it.

Here is a teaser photo from the dealer:

BD372DCB-B8C3-459A-8631-B837739FC944_zpsxeksbalh.jpg

Wow!! Killer finish and top! That top could be a Private Stock top.

Judging by the angle of the guitar in that photo, I would say that is a Wildwood Guitars Wood Library guitar. Great guys over there! Steve does an excellent job with the Wood Library and Private Stock wood selections.

Sad that I can recognize a dealer from their photos... ;)

Wow!! Killer finish and top! That top could be a Private Stock top.

Judging by the angle of the guitar in that photo, I would say that is a Wildwood Guitars Wood Library guitar. Great guys over there! Steve does an excellent job with the Wood Library and Private Stock wood selections.

Sad that I can recognize a dealer from their photos... ;)

You guessed it! WL run - Copperhead Burst, Artist top, Brazzy fretboard.

And yeah, Steve is a really good guy.

Back