The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MA Pete, Oct 10, 2016.

1. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

A Forum member here asked me to post an update on my "always evolving" SC 594 collection.

I sold the killer Faded Vintage Yellow Willcutt's Wood Library SC 594 recently. That was a REALLY great one!! The cool thing is it went to a guy that I have known on the PRS forums for years, who was also a big SC and DC Ted fan. I was really happy it found a great home.

[​IMG]

My Private Stock SC 594 Semi-Hollow in Tiger Eye is likely sold, I have a buyer coming over the weekend to get it. The SC 594 is really amazing in a Semi-Hollow, I plan to build another one to replace it, with my own selections of woods and inlays. The 5815 LT pickups sound OFF THE CHARTS in a Semi-Hollow guitar. They are great in the Solidbody guitars, but insanely awesome in a Semi-Hollow. (As they also were in my former DC 594 SH PS, now owned by dougstrummer).

[​IMG]

I have the Willcutt's Wood Library SC 594 in Tobacco up for sale now, at the usual places. That is another great one, killer top, and amazing tone.

[​IMG]

The reason I moved those great ones above is because I am evolving the collection to my 2 Prototypes and Private Stocks with the Knot Inlays, going forward. Here is the latest shot of my 3, the two prototypes and my "Birthday" Private Stock:

[​IMG]

All three of them are truly amazing! My favorite is the bottom one, the Prototype I was fortunate to get in October, before they officially announced the model. It is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned.

The other two are fantastic as well. The top one has some one-off custom wound PRS PAF's that sound great, and the middle one has a regular 5815 in the bridge, and an LT in the neck. Great combination!!

I have a fourth one on order, a one-piece quilt topped one in Citrine Glow (an Orange Glow), that should be in by the end of the year.

I continue to be completely smitten with the SC 594, my favorite guitar model ever!!

#561 MA Pete, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    flux, grausch, TwelfthTangent and 4 others like this.
  2. stratlanta

stratlanta How do brushstroke birds fly?

Should be on a UPS truck on it's way to me tomorrow or Tuesday thanks to my new friend Brian at Brian's Guitars who suffered through a few days of painful (for him) back and forth as I tried to settle on which of his amazing SC594s I wanted... ;-)
    Photo is his btw. Hope he doesn't mind me using it.

[​IMG]

3. dkilpatrick

dkilpatrick Makes guitar faces

I have one from that same run.
    You're going to love it.

4. stratlanta

That's actually great to hear. I agonized over which one to go with since he has a few left, but I kept going back to this one.

5. dkilpatrick

dkilpatrick Makes guitar faces

Here's the one I snagged:)
    [​IMG]

6. stratlanta

7. Guitarsan

Guitarsan "I floor it. That’s technical talk." SRV

And to the patient.... CITES docs done in Germany - 4 1/2 week process, we shall soon have tracking info.It's heading to the US!

#567 Guitarsan, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Congrats!! Killer top and finish. That one will scream with that 5909 Bridge!! ;)

9. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Good news, congrats!! Sounds like the dealers are figuring out the CITES paperwork. I have had two deals fall apart this year, one in Germany and one in the UK, after being eight weeks plus in with no line of site to resolution. I was worried for you, glad to hear it is working out!

Can't wait for the NGD and your report! Every SC 594 Private Stock I have played so far has been off the charts magical, I am sure yours will be great as well!

Guitarsan and dogrocketp like this.
  10. Guitarsan

Guitarsan "I floor it. That’s technical talk." SRV

Thanks Pete, full report promised. It's sitting at UPS locally near my home now (per my request) as I am out of town on business until Friday when I can pick it up. So hope to be able to post photos etc. this weekend!

I will also give a full "CITES" report of my experience in the pinned post in General Discussions sometime afterwards.

Scott

Basauri likes this.
  11. cubby61

cubby61 New Member

I figured I had all the PRS guitars I needed, that is until I played a few 594s at Brian's Guitars when I was in the area (before he moved). So now I have decided I need (well really want) an PRS 594 MCCarty Singlecut Artist Package in Aqua Violet, Northernlights or Violet, in that order. I just have,'t seen any in the purple color range. Are they out there and if so can anyone share some pictures of what they have seen or own. I'm sure three are Private stocks but that's a little out pf price range right now. Of course I'm still willing to look. :) Thanks.

dogrocketp likes this.
  12. TwelfthTangent

TwelfthTangent Drop D Sonic Assault

That one is outstanding! Congrats!

13. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow New Member

All this forum does is give me gas.

garrett likes this.
  14. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

That is precisely what it's for..!

dogrocketp and The Robot Cow like this.
  15. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow New Member

Never said it was a bad thing :D

16. WA Paul

WA Paul New Member

My recent Pat Benetar (heartbreaker) - everything one could ask for in a SC tone wise and playability wise. This one has IRW neck and bras board, 59/09 bridge - it absolutely crushes tone wise (and my back, dang it!).

I did at least confirm empirically what Pete already proved several times over - that these SC models do have that extra 5% for classic SC tones. I understand such continual tests are very important for the betterment of humanity

[​IMG]

17. flux

flux 594-crazed

Damn right. For science!

Guitarsan and g.wizz like this.
  18. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Hey guys! I am announcing my retirement as the SC 594 Club President. ;)

I have a lot going on right now, and will be taking a hiatus from the Forums for a while, as I have done a couple of times before over the years.

I wanted to thank you guys for all of the great support and enthusiasm on the McCarty 594 thread, and here on this Singlecut 594 Thread. It sure has been a wild ride over the last two years! :)

I am counting on you all to keep the 594 love going strong. Have fun and enjoy!

Guitarsan, Elliot, flux and 3 others like this.
  19. Elliot

Elliot Still a New Member

We'll miss you Pete! Thanks for the journey!

MA Pete likes this.
  20. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

I`ve learned a lot from you Pete. We`ll patiently wait for your return.

MA Pete likes this.