The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

OK... big question...
Is there ANY discernible difference between the two at all, besides colour obvs?

So far no difference but up was as close to identical as I could feel , I have not been home yet to play it on my rig so we will see.
Yes the color is really cool might look better in person.

This had probably been addressed earlier in this thread ( it's too long to sift through ) but does anyone have any issues with the curvier radius compared with the normal PRS 10" ?

I've tried a few F guitars with the vintage radius but find either the high strings choking when bending or very high action. I should maybe see if the local bricks n mortar shop has one and go try it.

I have been playing PRS radii for a long time and had zero issues with the 7.25". Admittedly, it took some getting used to, but I just love it. One of the strats I owned had the same radius, but was way harder to play.

The SS is magnificent. It's a home run.

This had probably been addressed earlier in this thread ( it's too long to sift through ) but does anyone have any issues with the curvier radius compared with the normal PRS 10" ?

I've tried a few F guitars with the vintage radius but find either the high strings choking when bending or very high action. I should maybe see if the local bricks n mortar shop has one and go try it.

There’s a YouTube video with JM’s guitar tech that I think covers this.

If I can find it I’ll upload it

Doesn't seem to be an issue at all for me or the players I've let try it. Also seen vids of people trying and failing to fret out.

Nothing to report... I find the radius to be smooth and pretty comfortable. For me, I notice it the first couple of times but got used to it fast enough :)

Back