The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

This needs a little kick. Keep the love flowing.

GOM February. Still my favorite.

ufzhQC.jpg

Killer!! The guitar that started it all...

Yours has a killer top, one of the best from the run, IMO!

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, when I bought my wood library 594DC before xmas last year I didn't get a wood library case or laminated spec sheet but I did with my single cut which I've just bought. I spoke to my dealer and they said that the guitar only came with a normal case and no laminated spec sheet. It was also the same for the other wood library PRS guitars they have for sale. It this correct? I'm assuming PRS didn't start with the new cases and spec sheets till 2017?

Thanks

Paul

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, when I bought my wood library 594DC before xmas last year I didn't get a wood library case or laminated spec sheet but I did with my single cut which I've just bought. I spoke to my dealer and they said that the guitar only came with a normal case and no laminated spec sheet. It was also the same for the other wood library PRS guitars they have for sale. It this correct? I'm assuming PRS didn't start with the new cases and spec sheets till 2017?

Thanks

Paul

Wood library runs are different each time, as I understand it. They include whatever the dealer who orders the special run and PRS the company agree to. I have two different wood library guitars, they do have special cases (one has a yellow paisley core-style case, the other the black paisley artist case), but neither has a "laminated spec sheet". I did get a letter about the BRW fretboard on my 594, but that is just explaining the travel restrictions/CITIES regs.
Look on the bright side. If you had gotten an upgraded case, you would have paid more for it.

Wood library runs are different each time, as I understand it. They include whatever the dealer who orders the special run and PRS the company agree to. I have two different wood library guitars, they do have special cases (one has a yellow paisley core-style case, the other the black paisley artist case), but neither has a "laminated spec sheet". I did get a letter about the BRW fretboard on my 594, but that is just explaining the travel restrictions/CITIES regs.
Look on the bright side. If you had gotten an upgraded case, you would have paid more for it.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't bother me I was just wondering that's all. It's always nice to know if you get any extra's when you buy a wood library version.

Wood library runs are dealer-negotiated. Case appearance and every other detail are all in the numbers game. Check the run details out with your dealer, it should forecast every option included.

So in my limited research I have a theory on weight - maybe I'm way off? I'm eyeing two solid color 594's (gold top and frost green) but both are significantly heavier than most of the 594's I see (looks like most range from 7.5-8lbs?). These two are 8lbs 9oz's and 8lbs 10oz's. do they use the heavier woods (maybe not as "purdy" either) for these solid colors where they cover the wood up anyway?

So in my limited research I have a theory on weight - maybe I'm way off? I'm eyeing two solid color 594's (gold top and frost green) but both are significantly heavier than most of the 594's I see (looks like most range from 7.5-8lbs?). These two are 8lbs 9oz's and 8lbs 10oz's. do they use the heavier woods (maybe not as "purdy" either) for these solid colors where they cover the wood up anyway?

Heavy? Heavy? Why in my day Les Pauls weighed in at least 10.5 pounds ....

My 10-top DC594 weighs in at 8.8 and it's wonderful.

I know LP's are heavier. Don't really know the spectrum of the 594's - is why I asked! I 8.5-9 is in the normal range, well then I may have a new gold top in my future...

Nope. I've been watching weights closely. No correlation to color. In general, they seem to run about 7.75 to 8.5 lbs. I've seen a few low 7's and high 8's.

Been lurking for a few weeks and finally have one of my own. Made it up to John Mann's yesterday and came home with this bad boy! Was originally interested in McCarty Sunburst, but the Tobacco looked even better to my eyes in person. Sounds amazing!
IMG_1440_zps3z5aamzh.jpg

Been lurking for a few weeks and finally have one of my own. Made it up to John Mann's yesterday and came home with this bad boy! Was originally interested in McCarty Sunburst, but the Tobacco looked even better to my eyes in person. Sounds amazing!
IMG_1440_zps3z5aamzh.jpg

Looks great! Congrats!

Back