The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I traded for this about a week ago. I was worried the neck would be too fat for me, but it's actually pretty awesome.

20170227_153736_zpsqigzzf1g.jpg

20170227_153740_zpsev4exxg3.jpg

Nice! One of the best looking Faded Whale Blue tops I've seen.

I just picked up a emerald burst 594 singlecut used for $2,500 bucks. it was unplayed and the guy who sold it said he didn't like the neck profile, too thick. I have small hands and think it feels incredible. my gain.....
Please post pics! In the OTHER thread!

Kevin

I just picked up a emerald burst 594 singlecut used for $2,500 bucks. it was unplayed and the guy who sold it said he didn't like the neck profile, too thick. I have small hands and think it feels incredible. my gain.....
Nice score!

One easy question: My McCarty has tall frets, my SC has shorter but wider frets. Which one would be the standard size? What fret size is on 594?

One easy question: My McCarty has tall frets, my SC has shorter but wider frets. Which one would be the standard size? What fret size is on 594?

I believe they are being touted as Jumbo with the tops rounded off for that "played in" feel. Something along those lines. I have Jumbos on the DGT, and the 594 is not "big" like those. They feel great, whatever they are.

That sounds close to my SC frets. They are fine, but I love my MC58 frets, narrow and tall, they are perfect for easy bending and vibrato.

I believe they are being touted as Jumbo with the tops rounded off for that "played in" feel. Something along those lines. I have Jumbos on the DGT, and the 594 is not "big" like those. They feel great, whatever they are.

From what I remember, they're DGT frets, but with the crowns flattened instead of just rounded. DGT frets (PRS call them "Jumbo") are bigger than the typical PRS wire (I've seen them compared to Dunlop 6150 in size). I find there's still plenty of meat to the 594 frets and they're part of what makes it such a joy to play. I think they will wear quite well, since the crowns get flattened on any set of frets from playing, anyway.

[YQUOTE="parisdobermans, post: 315362, member: 15135"]
IMG_0852.jpg

I love it![/QUOTE]
You said Dobermann! One of the few things in the same league as PRS! I've had 7.

Wow, that is beautiful, congrats!! Looks even better in your pics than it did it the Wild West Guitars pics.

Thanks very much! I drooled buckets over your photo contributions to the thread, haha. Took me a couple days to read through all the posts.

In natural light the quilt really shines through, and looks slightly less Santana Yellow and closer to a more "natural" (or honey) stain.

Back