The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

The Artist Package version with IRW neck and ebony board jumps out as the "one to have". That sorta checks off all my boxes. OTOH, getting away from a rosewood board on mahogany MIGHT just lead me away from what makes the 594 what it is intended to be. (Note----The Ted pictured is a WL version with 57/08 and 59/09 pickups, IRW neck and BRW board, so maybe I , kinda/sorta, have that covered).

But then it seems inevitable that a production singlecut version will eventually be released.

So, maybe, the only logical choice is an AP doublecut 594, then holding the door open for a more "standard" singlecut some months down the line. ;)

Wait a sec...don't you already have one?

o_O...err....ummm......two...:oops:

But this is special. It's a gift for taking such good care of the Mrs for the past 6 weeks! And, if she doesn't decide to go back to work soon, I'll find something else to order too! :) I love her dearly, but, she's cramping my style being home all day!

But this is special. It's a gift for taking such good care of the Mrs for the past 6 weeks! And, if she doesn't decide to go back to work soon, I'll find something else to order too! :) I love her dearly, but, she's cramping my style being home all day!
If that's how it works, check in with me mid January.

I just couldn't take it anymore. Gotted.

s-l1600.jpg
The top and color make me say SERENITY

Congrats

Congrats to ViperDoc and all the other new 594 additions!
I've really been enjoying getting to know "Bubbles" (my informal nickname for my blue beauty). This model really has a lot of subtle shades of tone with all the combinations of pickups/splits/controls. So far my fave is both pickups on with the neck pickup split.
I seem to notice most of you guys leaning traditional in your color/top choices - which certainly seems appropriate for this model, but I'm glad to be an exception!
Gratuitous pic just to remind folks why I call her "Bubbles" and to show off the killer black paisley case!

IMG_6858_zpshhpnyhu1.jpg

Congrats to ViperDoc and all the other new 594 additions!
I've really been enjoying getting to know "Bubbles" (my informal nickname for my blue beauty). This model really has a lot of subtle shades of tone with all the combinations of pickups/splits/controls. So far my fave is both pickups on with the neck pickup split.
I seem to notice most of you guys leaning traditional in your color/top choices - which certainly seems appropriate for this model, but I'm glad to be an exception!
Gratuitous pic just to remind folks why I call her "Bubbles" and to show off the killer black paisley case!

IMG_6858_zpshhpnyhu1.jpg

Bubbles indeed! You and I have landed on the same favorite pup configuration: middle position with only the neck pup split. My go to is neck on 10, bridge on 9. But there are more usable sounds in this guitar than in any I've known!

Bodia and ViperDoc:

Awesome vintage looking guitars inbound! I think an understated flame top with a Vintage Burst sort of finish really matches the vibe of this model very well.

As you may recall, I have a very similar Tobacco Burst one that has a beautiful subtle flame Non-10 top, and I adore it!!

IMG_0030_zpsvcqzjz8i.jpg

It has Kinman Humbucker-shaped noiseless P-90's in there, so I consider it to have a '56 sort of thing going on! ;)

It sounds killer, gets as much play as the 2 Private Stocks! :)

Bodia and ViperDoc:

Awesome vintage looking guitars inbound! I think an understated flame top with a Vintage Burst sort of finish really matches the vibe of this model very well.

As you may recall, I have a very similar Tobacco Burst one that has a beautiful subtle flame Non-10 top, and I adore it!!

IMG_0030_zpsvcqzjz8i.jpg

It has Kinman Humbucker-shaped noiseless P-90's in there, so I consider it to have a '56 sort of thing going on! ;)

everytime I see that I think the same thing! Understated Flame is superbly beautiful with that vintage shade! and the Creme colored Button tuners are classic!

Bodia and ViperDoc:

IMG_0030_zpsvcqzjz8i.jpg

Very interesting, I'd like to demo the Kinmans with a set of Fralin P-92s. They look like the same concept, except with these Kinmans the coils are reversed in where they read the strings. They are reading a brighter part on the wound strings (closer to the bridge) and a softer part on the unwound strings. This would probably bring more definition and warmth. The Fralins, the coil closer to the bridge is on the higher strings which would make the high strings brighter.

Fralins:
P-92-Nickel.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting! Not bad for a thread that started quietly in February with the GOM 594, and then kicked into full gear in June with the launch of the Core 594 at the Experience!

So cool to have so many of us here sharing our 594 thoughts, experiences and new acquisitions. I really have enjoyed this ride so far with you all, thanks to everyone for your great contributions!

Reactions: FJ4
Back