The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I unboxed and played my 594 this afternoon. I can tell I haven't even begun to discover its character, but it is immediately comfortable. I love the scale length. The pattern vintage neck carve is also excellent. I've been a wide fat guy, but I may even like this better. This guitar reminds me why I prefer stoptail guitars. It's just more predictable and comfortable to play. More later...

What a stunning guitar. Congrats Les! I am very interested in your tone report.

She is a real red head vixen with a sweet sweet voice Les
She is well worth the wait indeed.
Congrats, I'm itching to hear your comprehensive tone report with some sounds samples (if possible of course)

Treated myself to a new 594 for my birthday. Hands down one of the best guitars I have ever owned and played. The 58/15 LT's are amazing !!

From the Store -
g12vmdr9nvaz6tmwz0zp.jpg
g12vmdr9nvaz6tmwz0zp.jpg
[/URL]/IMG]

To the Jam Room -
IMG_0347.jpg
IMG_0347.jpg
[/URL]/IMG]

Congrats, DistortEd! Looks great! I love that Violet finish on a 594. Somehow Vintage and Modern, all at the same time... ;)

Everyone - Don't panic if you see a couple of my 594's up For Sale out there! I am settling into a more Private Stock centric 594 collection, having two now, one in the oven, and also another lined up through a dealer. So don't worry, I am still absolutely LOVING the 594's, just evolving my beloved collection!! :)

Last edited:
Treated myself to a new 594 for my birthday. Hands down one of the best guitars I have ever owned and played. The 58/15 LT's are amazing !!

From the Store -
g12vmdr9nvaz6tmwz0zp.jpg
g12vmdr9nvaz6tmwz0zp.jpg
[/URL]/IMG]

To the Jam Room -
IMG_0347.jpg
IMG_0347.jpg
[/URL]/IMG]
You done well! Congrats !

I spent about 30 minutes with mine, yesterday (I have visitation rights with it, on weekends, until she's paid off).

I've got a long road ahead, learning how to actually play...but I threw every song I knew at her, to see how I felt a month after putting down my deposit.

The 594 is a dream guitar. I feels amazing, and is so perfectly balanced and comfortable. The neck is awesome. A pleasant twist, with the Pattern Vintage carve. It , literally, takes no serious effort to work it. Almost as if it knows what chords I want, and helps me get there.

It makes me wanna sell my LP, and throw the cash toward it to speed up the take-home day.

Took a couple pics of mine today. Couldn't be happier with this one and feel very lucky to own it.

As soon as you get tired of her, let me know and I'll gladly take her and teach her some discipline. Eventhough I am already a member of the 26 club....

Meaning, damn, that's one hell of a guitar! Lucky you.

Back