The Metal Continues

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Finally got my Tremonti this year at Experience, but still had a nagging case of GAS. Today, I ended it.

I placed the call and got an excellent deal on one of the few non-PRS guitars that's still something of a grail for me - a Jackson Rhoads. I've long been a Randy Rhoads fan, but I could never find one at a price that convinced me to pull the trigger. This is a NOS 2007 - the fact that it was finished on his birthday I took to be a sign (at least that's what I told my wife - SHHH!!!).

No pics because a) don't have it; and b) not sure it would be cool. But I figured there would be some folks here who could appreciate it.

I've also always wanted a Rhoads. Can't find one that speaks to me...granted I'm not really looking hard. So many PRS to buy.

That guitar has a lot of good points.

It's...acute!

You, uh, must have played all the angles for one of those!

Nothing dull about that guitar!

You certainly made it a point to get that one.

;)

Last edited:
The first time I've tried playing a Rhoads/King V, I can't even keep a straight face. It just feels funny having the lower wing between my thighs and against my crotch. :rofl: I still prefer the normal-shaped guitars. If I were to pick a Jackson, I'd take the Dinky/Soloist. Weird shapes? The furthest I'd go is the Kelly. :laugh: That said, I've always loved the looks of a V, but I've accepted the cruel truth that I can't play them!

The first time I've tried playing a Rhoads/King V, I can't even keep a straight face. It just feels funny having the lower wing between my thighs and against my crotch. :rofl: I still prefer the normal-shaped guitars. If I were to pick a Jackson, I'd take the Dinky/Soloist. Weird shapes? The furthest I'd go is the Kelly. :laugh: That said, I've always loved the looks of a V, but I've accepted the cruel truth that I can't play them!

Yeah - Vs are not the most comfortable sitting guitar, and that's been part of the reason I held off on one of these. But I stand a lot when I play in my little recording area, and if I get a short-ish strap, sitting isn't a big deal.

Plus, if I can sit with this...

Simmons3.jpg

I can make the Rhoads work.

I'm warning you, DO NOT get anything less than a USA made Jackson. The neck feels like crappy balsa wood. When you bend the string you can hear the friction of the wood loud and sounds fake. Its not like the PRS se models that still maintain some level if quality and necks still feel good and real

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;106459 said:
Dude, you're trippin' me out with your avatar. I saw you post and thought "WHAT? I didn't say that!"
Imagine if someone created a user called
]-[ @ n $ O |v| a T ! © and used that avatar. Well they'd have to wait until all your Mod powers are gone before the fun started...

Imagine if someone created a user called
]-[ @ n $ O |v| a T ! © and used that avatar. Well they'd have to wait until all your Mod powers are gone before the fun started...

I still have friends in high places - like Jamie.

Oh man... I'm screwed. :laugh:

That guitar has a lot of good points.

It's...acute!

You, uh, must have played all the angles for one of those!

Nothing dull about that guitar!

You certainly made it a point to get that one.

;)

You are a pretty sharp fella Les but I would hold back on the cutting remarks!

Does your mother know you have this?

Yes.

Doesn't mean she's happy about it.

Also doesn't mean she knows I've used it for backing tracks she uses at church.

Or that I have one of these above my recording computer.

m1aWR2stI134rXHdDQc_vRg.jpg

Back