The John Mayer Bolt-On PRS Series (Strat-style) Guitar

Ha, I do have a speedo! Be careful what you ask for! We went on a cruise a few years back with about 30 people. All married couples, all friends. I kept telling this one lady (about 25 at the time) that I wore a speedo and had all kinds of others in on it with me, including her husband. I mean, all agreeing that I did wear a speedo, me teasing her that I really look good in one for a guy my age, the whole thing. Even her husband teasing her that "he's in shape, he call pull it off much better than I can." The first day we were on the ship we were at sea so we agreed to meet at the pool after lunch. I came down with a towel around me and and said "Mandy, are you ready for this?" The whole group was there and everybody knew what was about to happen. She was embarrassed to death. Then I pulled off the towel to reveal that I did in fact have speedos! Trunks, long ones that were down to my knees, with a big SPEEDO printed down the side! :D

So don't get your hopes up, sparky! :p

(debating posting Speedo pic to lighten thread mood.... ) :eek::eek::eek:

Well, thanks but I've never worn one and don't intend too. As long as things stay calm here, I won't have to post the speedo pics. I don't have them on this computer. When I check in tonight, if things have gotten testee (no pun intended) then I'll post it from home.

Alright, since the rest of you are all too chicken to say it, I'll do it.

PICS

OR

IT

DIDN'T

HAPPEN!

Welp I'll probably buy another Fender then, screw this veiled secretive approach. It's not like it's anything that new or cool Paul

Honestly, this is probably the better approach anyway. If you want an S-style right now, just get a Fender.

If you really want an S type right now, stay away from Fender and get an Xotic. If you've already got a bunch of Fenders, why so impatient? You're apparently a big Mayer fan. I would think you'd just be happy that there "might be" something coming out from PRS. Lee's a dealer, why would he tell him something? Sit on your hands, cuz you're kinda being a troll.

Lee Anderton is always looking for a scoop! He wants an exclusive to boost his you tube ratings!

And, yes, he tried it before when Paul went to Andertons. Can’t blame a guy for trying.

Sorry, this is the only one I can find where you can actually see the Speedos. I'm NOT putting the one up where you can see them better because my wife is in that pic and my wife in a bathing suit on the internet would get me in a lot of trouble!

We're on the bike trail that runs up the Little Miami River. I would jog up 3-4 miles then kayak back down to the truck. Cover your eyes! Speedo content coming.

M6uInq7.jpg

Alright, since the rest of you are all too chicken to say it, I'll do it.

PICS

OR

IT

DIDN'T

HAPPEN!

Ok, Dare answered. Now lets see who else has the testicular fortitude to post their speedo pics! HAHAHAHAHA

Alright, now we're pissed off.

I am, and if that offends someone go seek therapy. Paul runs his mouth constantly dissing other brands and their approach, so i'll throw shade at him without hesitation. Not like he gives any fucks

His marketing tactics are AWFUL. AWFUL. Let's price the super eagle at 20k! Great idea! People will buy tons of them!

Alright, let's make an affordable s-type, but wait 3 and half years to release it and make people feel stupid for asking about!

Awesome stuff!!!!!!

Meanwhile at Fender, Eric Johnson f-hole strats have taken everyone by surprise: https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2018-eric-johnson-thinline-stratocaster/

I hope I don't get grumpy when I get old. Or confused...

More importantly though, I hope I don't lose those legs in the pic.

I was worried that my pic would kill the thread. Looks like someone is trying to steal my thunder. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the thread will liven up quickly now. Once people see my legs of course. :p

There's a reason PRS will never be Fender or Gibson, that's marketing and promotional tactics. You put your instruments in the hands of great musicians and don't make them accessible or affordable, pretty comical actually. Paul is always foaming at the mouth to understand how PRS will be the giant figure he so desperately craves, how about making the super eagle cheaper than a brand new german sedan?

I play PRS guitars and own two of them, that doesn't change how pissed off I am about Paul's incessant superiority complex.

I was worried that my pic would kill the thread. Looks like someone is trying to steal my thunder. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the thread will liven up quickly now. Once people see my legs of course. :p

So you would run the trail, hauling the kayak behind you on that little wheelie contraption? That's awesome. And did you kayak back upstream or downstream?

There's a reason PRS will never be Fender or Gibson, that's marketing and promotional tactics. You put your instruments in the hands of great musicians and don't make them accessible or affordable, pretty comical actually. Paul is always foaming at the mouth to understand how PRS will be the giant figure he so desperately craves, how about making the super eagle cheaper than a brand new german sedan?

I play PRS guitars and own two of them, that doesn't change how pissed off I am about Paul's incessant superiority complex.

Step off. Gibson???? Really??? I could be Fender. I just need a few slabs and some blanks.

I am, and if that offends someone go seek therapy. Paul runs his mouth constantly dissing other brands and their approach, so i'll throw shade at him without hesitation. Not like he gives any fucks

His marketing tactics are AWFUL. AWFUL. Let's price the super eagle at 20k! Great idea! People will buy tons of them!

Alright, let's make an affordable s-type, but wait 3 and half years to release it and make people feel stupid for asking about!

Awesome stuff!!!!!!
You have the right to your opinion and can be as pissed as you want to be. It's a matter of how you present that anger. Being angry, but respectful in expressing your opinion is fine.Talking sh!t about the owner of company whose forum you're posting on isn't respectful. If you haven't gotten yourself banned, feel free to post links to Paul dissing other brands(I'm talking specifics where he names names like you did here).

So you would run the trail, hauling the kayak behind you on that little wheelie contraption? That's awesome. And did you kayak back upstream or downstream?

Yes, we'd park and go up the trail. The carts break down and go in the back of the kayak, then we kayak back down stream to the park where the truck was. My wife didn't like the "jogging" part though and walking is too slow. You get a lot of walking and a little kayaking. We didn't mind how long it takes to walk 4 miles, but the walk-to-kayak ratio wasn't good. We were doing it to kayak! So we made some that we can pull behind our mountain bikes. Now we are able to go 6 to even 10 miles upstream. The bike trail runs miles and miles within somewhere between 20 feet and 200 feet of the river, so you find a park, lock the bikes up, paddle down, get the truck and go pick up the bikes. We often kayak at lakes, so you just put in and get out at the same place, but this river runs fast enough sometimes that my wife couldn't even go upstream, much less far. That's my little river kayak. I have a bigger one for lakes, and a fishing kayak.

Awesome stuff!!!!!!

Meanwhile at Fender, Eric Johnson f-hole strats have taken everyone by surprise: https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2018-eric-johnson-thinline-stratocaster/

Sir, I am curious....Why you are SO angry/annoyed about a guitar and/or the lack of news regarding the release of a guitar?

It will come when it comes - if it comes at all. Speculating and theorizing can be fun - but when blood pressure rises because of a lack of information, it becomes WAY too serious of a topic. What is it about this particular instrument that has you so inflamed?

Also - has the "affordable s-type" actually been made - aside from one (or others - don't know) that JM has in his possession? Has a price point been revealed/released? Is there really much beyond speculation?

I ask from a true desire to know. I am not a JM fan, could care less about his gear - but if there is stuff out there I have missed, it would be fun to "know". Help a brother out.....

Back