The John Mayer Bolt-On PRS Series (Strat-style) Guitar

Paul was asked point blank about it at a Clinic I was at on Dec 6 and basically said "uh.....no comment at this time".

Weird, you think he'd be pushing hard marketing this thing. The commercial potential is pretty massive as the market for Mayer-gear seems to grow the more he gets older and shifts away from pop music towards the blues and classic rock

I have two "stratish" guitars that I will immediately sell if this comes to be.

I have two “stratish” PRSi...but I could use a third...

I'd be getting rid of a modified '89 MIJ and an Xotic SC-1. The Xotic is the best "strat" I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Mostly due to the roasted neck, for which I am a sucker.

How cool that would be in a full PRS carved top, capped off with a fitting 3D contoured plastic pickguard.

Paul was asked point blank about it at a Clinic I was at on Dec 6 and basically said "uh.....no comment at this time".

Paul is usually pretty tight lipped about new gear... when he was at Brian's gig back in October he gave us a pre-emptive(I'm paraphrasing) "someone's gonna ask me about the Mayer guitar which I'm not gonna say anything about". I usually ask him a "what ya got coming new this year" and he shuts me down every time.

We'll "officially" know when Paul says it's time (or Mayer blows it again on his multimedia accounts)(509 anybody?:eek:)

Back