The Introspection/Hard Truth Thread

2b6bTV0.jpg

Y67sKFT.jpg

eZrpml3.jpg

Every time I see the long shot I'm reminded of the Great Gallery of the Great Pyramid, only more fun!

I’m basically just buying fashion accessories at this point. I have more guitars than tonal needs.

Just thought I’d throw that out there, sometimes it helps when you say it aloud or write it down.

MIRACULOUS NEW INVENTION!

Reuters, Ur, Fertile Crescent, 3,500 B.C. Here in the sparkling new city of Ur, astrologer Mur-Key Leven-Topp has created a device that is fast becoming a sensation. Mur-Key calls the device the "wheel." The complete system consists of two circular pieces of wood that are attached to a thick stick, and allowed to rotate around the circumference of the stick, with is then attached to a box. The box is, in turn, attached to oxen. The oxen are able to pull this box at incredible speed to any destination.

Objects or people can be placed inside the box, and rapidly moved from place to place!

When asked about the device, Mur-Key Leven-Topp stated, "I got a hernia bringing so many lyres from the lyre maker in Babylon to my dwelling here in Ur, so necessity was the mother of invention. I call the entire device the 'cart'."

Mr. Leven-Topp was not able to explain why he painted the 'cart' brown, other than to say, "It kind of goes well with the oxen."

Mur-Key said he was formerly in a musical group with a friend named Abraham, who helped him move his lyres around, but Abraham moved to the Land Of Milk And Honey, so he needed to come up with an idea because everyone else was, naturally, too busy with their idol worship on the weekends to help move his stuff.

You know the old saying, if you have everything where would you put it all: warehouse, storage space, add on to house........

My wife said I don't NEED more guitars, and I can barely play the 2 that I have, but that does not change the overwhelming WANT to have more guitars. What I need is more money, so that I can buy more guitars. The fashion accessories will come over time, to match the guitars.
To the extent I can be said to "need" to play music, I "need" one guitar. Or two, one acoustic and one electric. That's what I had for about 39 of the last 40-41 years, the last 30 of which I barely played much at all. When I started playing a lot again early last year, I thought I'd upgrade the placeholder stuff I'd owned for the past decade or so but thought I'd end up with one of each again. That worked on the acoustic side of the room, but not at all on the electric wall. I'm a strat guy going back forever and I still am, but I discovered I also love humbuckers and P90s. The reason I'm here is that humbucker guitar was a 594 for a few months before I realized I couldn't play it comfortably in my preferred seated position (very forward leg-cut position is the culprit - and my inability and/or lack of desire to change positions) and moved on from it. Now it's an Ibanez semi-hollow that I like as much as the 594 in some ways, almost as much in others, and more in exactly one (seated comfort). And I have a strat. And I have a tele with two P90s, so it looks and plays like a tele but doesn't sound like one. Given how limited my playing is, no way in hell I need three electric guitars, but there they are. Pretty sure they're not fashion accessories - very few other people see them - and my wife isn't too concerned one way or another, but I damn sure don't want any more. Maybe someday I'll decide I can do with less but that day is very clearly not today!

-Ray

John Steinbeck's 4th Law is "Wanted loses value on becoming had".

I have never found this to be the case with PRS guitars and amps.

You always want to expand your sound palate, so buy more tools .... it's like buying the gigundous box of Crayolas.

“Crayolas?!” That explains why Scott keeps chewing on the neck of that Chris Robertson!
Dude! It’s painted Black Cherry, that ain’t the flavour!;):p

I’m basically just buying fashion accessories at this point. I have more guitars than tonal needs.

Just thought I’d throw that out there, sometimes it helps when you say it aloud or write it down.
If I forced myself to be introspective and look at "hard truth" I'd have to admit that I'm never going to be a guitarist in any measure I value and I can suck on one guitar as easily as 30 of them. And I'm not a fashionable guy so I can't even us that excuse. But another reality is that they entertain me and and it doesn't hurt anyone. So I keep buying, and GASing.

Back