That thing is gorgeous…
Thanks man. In the right light her finish is downright luminous. Fantastic feel, too.

I love a korina. It adds a little extra snap to the voice yet korina necks have that lively, slightly elastic feel.
Not at all like the hardness of maple.

I bought a Moderne in' 82 and since then korina guitars have become kind of a thing for me. Have collected a handful over the years but the majority are slab bodies. Miss Scarlet is my only carved-top that's all korina.

Adding one more that's only half red, just because it's kinda unusual. A Backlund Model 400 - my son calls it the Jetsons guitar.
Big fan of John Backlund's designs; the mid-century futuristic look really strikes a chord with me. I bought his Model 100 also.
Named this one Janet Air, after the unmarked red & white airliners that fly to Area 51.

Adding one more that's only half red, just because it's kinda unusual. A Backlund Model 400 - my son calls it the Jetsons guitar.
Big fan of John Backlund's designs; the mid-century futuristic look really strikes a chord with me. I bought his Model 100 also.
Named this one Janet Air, after the unmarked red & white airliners that fly to Area 51.

Wow, that is one of the coolest guitar shapes I have ever seen! Would have expected something a little more spacey on the headstock, but I am not going to fault it on that alone! Thanks for sharing, another rabbit hole for me to hop around in ;~))

I forgot if I posted those in this thread before:
f0aiMf1.jpg

o4fOFX2.jpg

I was going to post a pic of my green PRS and claim to be color blind, but then I was looking through an old 2021 green guitar thread and there were a bunch of blue ones in there, and thought better of it. Beautiful guitars in here! Red is a sexy color!

Back