The grand opening - NGD!

Gotcha. I’ve been eyeing a Helix Stomp myself. The Vela seems right up my alley since my other guitars are a Tele, a few Gretsches, and a heavily modded CE22 with a Kinman P90 and Twangbucker. And I’ve always wanted an SG but never found one that I’ve bonded with.

Gotcha. I’ve been eyeing a Helix Stomp myself. The Vela seems right up my alley since my other guitars are a Tele, a few Gretsches, and a heavily modded CE22 with a Kinman P90 and Twangbucker. And I’ve always wanted an SG but never found one that I’ve bonded with.

I adore my Helix, and I was a tube snob for a very long time. They haven't announced it yet, but it got leaked - there's a Stomp XL coming. Stomp with 6 more foot switches so you don't have to add an external switch or a bunch of pedals. If I didn't already have the LT I'd be getting one, the Stomp is awesome if you don't need multiple loops and complex signal chains.

Looking for an SG? You should check out the Mira.

Mira’s are cool but I think the Vela will be close enough to scratch that itch while also not straying too far from my aesthetics tone- and feel-wise. I much prefer satin finishes to gloss (I even took a heat gun and plastic scraper to my CE22 o_O), and I prefer the body style of the Vela to the Mira. Plus, I don’t need any more guitars thank you!!! :D I can’t even believe I lost control and ordered the Vela.

Mira’s are cool but I think the Vela will be close enough to scratch that itch while also not straying too far from my aesthetics tone- and feel-wise. I much prefer satin finishes to gloss (I even took a heat gun and plastic scraper to my CE22 o_O), and I prefer the body style of the Vela to the Mira. Plus, I don’t need any more guitars thank you!!! :D I can’t even believe I lost control and ordered the Vela.

A Mira and a Vela make an awesome pair....

Well done on the Vela, amazing guitars and so comfortable even for 3 hour gigs, also perfect balance sitting or standing.

Oh and a tort guard would look awesome

Pics?

Indeed they do. Is your Mira a core or an SE? Too early to pic a favorite?

It's a 2010 Core. It has been my favorite guitar since I got it, but right now the Vela is getting all the playtime - we'll see how the dust settles when the honeymoon is over :).

Back