NGD: NF 53

Found one on a store wall this afternoon. I didn’t want to like it. But…

Neck is awesome. Love the pickups. Enough snap/twang without anything harsh. Looks great, feels great, and sounds great.

It came home with me.

Well done PRS!
Nice!

I think theres a somewhat negative vibe being pushed on these guitars by the internet guitar community. Largely people who will never try one. I think those NF53 really sound great. I could see it being a guitar you look forward to picking up.

Sweet axe! Those guitars definitely sound great.

From my POV the launch had some negative reception because of the marketing approach with a bunch of YouTubers releasing videos at the time of announcement similar to a tech launch was negatively received in the guitar community. Additionally, PRS pricing has gone up more than +10% in the last 2 years vs their peerset. With the price sensitivity I believe people were quick to point out that a lot of the hardware on the NF53 or MK already exists on a much cheaper guitar, S2 Vela. I prefer PRS choose quality over quantity but their prices went from a premium (compared to gibson, etc.) to now I believe they’re slightly overpriced relative to the market. Manufacturers issue cost increases at different times so we’ll have to see if the industry rolls out additional price changes while PRS remains stable. Additionally, PRS is targeting a pre-established market with these t-types similar approach as the silver sky and we all know that drummed up a lot of drama.

Neck is awesome. Love the pickups. Enough snap/twang without anything harsh. Looks great, feels great, and sounds great.

It came home with me.

Well done PRS!
Nice! Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Sweet axe! Those guitars definitely sound great.

From my POV the launch had some negative reception because of the marketing approach with a bunch of YouTubers releasing videos at the time of announcement similar to a tech launch was negatively received in the guitar community. Additionally, PRS pricing has gone up more than +10% in the last 2 years vs their peerset. With the price sensitivity I believe people were quick to point out that a lot of the hardware on the NF53 or MK already exists on a much cheaper guitar, S2 Vela. I prefer PRS choose quality over quantity but their prices went from a premium (compared to gibson, etc.) to now I believe they’re slightly overpriced relative to the market. Manufacturers issue cost increases at different times so we’ll have to see if the industry rolls out additional price changes while PRS remains stable. Additionally, PRS is targeting a pre-established market with these t-types similar approach as the silver sky and we all know that drummed up a lot of drama.
Perhaps you should’ve started a new thread with your POV instead of Teemah’s NGD post.

It came home with me.

Well done PRS!
Happy NGD!

...patiently awaiting photos...

:D

Besides the looks being just ok for me, I really think I will like the NF53 a lot! Congrats!! Looking forward down the road to try one.

NS 53 and friends

Whew…there’s got to be an easier way to get images posted here. Hope you can see it here.

Anyway…here’s a pic on Flickr of the new guitar, next to a few friends (Martin OM-28, PRS DGT, and a Squire P Bass).

I haven’t touched another guitar since I got it the other day. I think the NS 53 is really wonderful. I think the closest reaction I can relate to from the “YouTube” crowd is Rhett Shull (although I come from a place of liking PRS prior to this guitar).

Love this. Love my DGT.

Back