The grand opening - NGD!

Congratulations, I’m happy for you! Looks so cool! For the better informed: Would the semi-HB version be considered only further weight relief or does that bring anything to the sound and feeling plugged in?

Good question, I'd really like to try the semi-hollow...

That’s a great looking guitar! I love the light weight of those things, and I’ve grown to really appreciate that as the years pass. Good job snagging such a clean one.

Awesome

I really like the Vela Generally I don't dig pick guards so never thought much about the Vela but I was in a GC waiting for my wife to finish her haircut (this was about 15 months ago) - and I saw my first Vela - picked it up and Immediately felt the light weight. Sat down and it felt really balanced in my lap. The neck felt good. Plugged it in - great sounds.

The price tag said $899; brand new, not used
I thought this was odd and checked Reverb and sure enough it was a couple hundred less than anything out there

So why didn't I pick it up right then and there? At the time I told myself because it was white

but with time it's become obvious - it's because Im a dumb ass

Enjoy It !

I had to do a double take with the bridge I thought that strings ran through the body I don’t remember ever seeing a picture of the back of a Vela. Pretty cool

Every time I read a raving report on a Vela I get a little bit closer to owning one!!!

Just do it!! I'd been holding off because I could never find one locally to try out, but am super glad I took the plunge.

Awesome, congrats! Looks like a killer guitar. I just ordered a satin Vela in McCarty burst, can’t wait to get it although it’s back ordered, and if my experience selling PRS guitars for 18 years (although it’s been a while since those days) tells me anything, I’m likely in for a long, long wait. This guitar has been haunting me for months now. I signed up for this forum after I ordered mine just to see what everyone was saying about them and I’m shocked to not see many posts about them, although I’m guessing it might be a bit of a red-headed stepchild to the average PRS fanatic. It seems like almost an anti-PRS, but that’s one of the things that drew me to it.

What kind of amp are you playing it through?

Awesome, congrats! Looks like a killer guitar. I just ordered a satin Vela in McCarty burst, can’t wait to get it although it’s back ordered, and if my experience selling PRS guitars for 18 years (although it’s been a while since those days) tells me anything, I’m likely in for a long, long wait. This guitar has been haunting me for months now. I signed up for this forum after I ordered mine just to see what everyone was saying about them and I’m shocked to not see many posts about them, although I’m guessing it might be a bit of a red-headed stepchild to the average PRS fanatic. It seems like almost an anti-PRS, but that’s one of the things that drew me to it.

What kind of amp are you playing it through?

I think you'll dig it - it's a really excellent guitar both in feel and tone. I've gone to the dark side amp-wise, as it were - I play through a Helix.

Back