The "Forum" Guitar

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65827 said:
We need a poll for the hardware. Gold, Nickel, or mixed. My opinion is that mixed will work best given the brass piezo saddles.

The control layout will have to match the HB2 with Piezo.

controls lay out could be strange. if the 408 wins, we will have 3 mini toggles, 1 pick up switch (I'd vote for the blade one), magnetic volume, piezo volume and tone. geez, it will look like a BC Rich from the 70's...LOL

Good point, Alex. I saw a Sig LTD with 408's wired up with a custom 5-way blade that was fantastic. I can't recall the exact layout but it was very efficient.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65831 said:
Good point, Alex. I saw a Sig LTD with 408's wired up with a custom 5-way blade that was fantastic. I can't recall the exact layout but it was very efficient.

we have to wait until we decide what configuration it will have. but trem arm can be on the way of the controls (too many). if we can have the 5 blade to simplify the controls, I think we will have a best seller...LOL
man, this whole vote and plan thing is making my day so light.

I'd love to see a mahogany neck with a brazzy board...no piezo for me....faded blue jean finish...gold hardware and 59/09's!!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65806 said:
...assuming they agree to build one.

Let's get a guitar hammered out and a rough idea of the number buyers (price dependent) and I'll go beg once more.

Word.

And you thought those mini toggles were new for the Siggy LTD.
sa_zpscb54518e.jpg

sa3_zpsd822f3e2.jpg

sa2_zpsa9b6612d.jpg

I'll except nothing less for a forum guitar now, I will even go one step further and vow to rock a blue guitar and stop bitchin' about 'em.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65726 said:
So here's what I see shaping up...

A DC22 Trem (Piezo) with narrow 408's, a Chaltecoco neck, and BRW fretboard.

And a black Paisley case!

Sounds really interesting! The control layout could be like some recent private stocks we've seen with three mini switches insted of the two in the Sig electronics, or even maybe P22 electronics with the 5 way and maybe a push-push Tone coiltap??
Oh, have we thought about the headstock yet? A small eagle perhaps, like the rosewood neck Cu24 experience (2010 I think)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©

So, is this where the project lies right now?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65726 said:

I love it - everything about it is unique and really makes a guitar special enough to represent our little family. Only thing I would request is that we give it the traditional PRS headstock and not the Santana/Ted a la the famous and elusive Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars!

I love it - everything about it is unique and really makes a guitar special enough to represent our little family. Only thing I would request is that we give it the traditional PRS headstock and not the Santana/Ted a la the famous and elusive Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars!

I completely agree with this. Maybe we can get them to do a flame maple veneer as well?

I LOVE this idea, it would make the guitar all the more unique and look crazy cool!!!

Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.

It'd be nice to leave the HW color an individual option if possible. I am 100% out if it's gold H/W - I have 2 guitars with gold HW and it's 2 too many.

Agreed. I'd like to start scheduling my time on the couch after this purchase.

I love playing guitar in my house shoes. I think we are getting pretty close. Black paisley and Piezo trem seemed put us all on the same page.

Back