The "Forum" Guitar

I'm normally 24 fret kind of guy, but that sounds amazing! I'm more than happy to do my part to support the forum of course...

I understand but the 24.5" scale makes bending up to that 3rd octave as easy as blinking.

Given the positive reactions so far... could we be getting close?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65726 said:
So here's what I see shaping up...

Love the specs above. I am in! But if I am not wrong, hog neck and ebony fretboard got more votes, didn't it?
I think we almost got the basic specs done (body shape, neck, the woods and electronics), at least to vote and count how many of us are in.

Sounds like a winner.

Just think how great it would be if we could get this figured out in time to pick them up together at Experience during the Sig Club event. One giant NGD.

pick up this guitar during the Experience would be a dream come true. I think we could ask PRSh to sign the front of headstock, instead of the normal decal or any headstock inlay.

A DC22 Trem (Piezo) with narrow 408's, a Chaltecoco neck, and BRW fretboard.

And a black Paisley case!

I like it!!

pick up this guitar during the Experience would be a dream come true. I think we could ask PRSh to sign the front of headstock, instead of the normal decal or any headstock inlay.

HUGE fan of that... I think you might be right about 'hog/ebony vcombination s. Chaltecoco/BRW. That said... Chaltecoco/BRW wasn't on the poll. Let's see what everyone has to say and then consider a revised poll?

Bottom Line: If we're going to dream big, then let's DREAM BIG! This is, after all, the Official PRS Forum.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65765 said:
HUGE fan of that... I think you might be right about 'hog/ebony vcombination s. Chaltecoco/BRW. That said... Chaltecoco/BRW wasn't on the poll. Let's see what everyone has to say and then consider a revised poll?

Bottom Line: If we're going to dream big, then let's DREAM BIG! This is, after all, the Official PRS Forum.

OK, here's my Big Dream, but it's a little different:

NS-14 with a standard PRS trem, no locking nut. Everything else as spec'd in the stock version.

I'd be cool with a 2 piece PRS-O-Matic bridge instead, though, as long as it didn't have a piezo.

I realize that there is no chance of anyone agreeing with me on this. Just wanted to put it out there. ;)

Last edited:

Sign me up.
I'm pretty sure I left that neck out of the original poll because there was too much controversy about it at the time.
I might still vote mahogany-ebony, but I like this choice for this guitar.

If we are decisive, they might be able to get them ready for us by Experience.

...assuming they agree to build one.

Let's get a guitar hammered out and a rough idea of the number buyers (price dependent) and I'll go beg once more.

And you thought those mini toggles were new for the Siggy LTD.
sa_zpscb54518e.jpg

sa3_zpsd822f3e2.jpg

sa2_zpsa9b6612d.jpg

Hands, that would be a very cool model indeed. I'd be on board IF we can choose our dealer and we can be involved in top selection.

Hands, that would be a very cool model indeed. I'd be on board IF we can choose our dealer and we can be involved in top selection.

I have good news, for ya PfennRock! There's no such thing as an ugly Euro Maple top.

tumblr_mbeacveUWM1qg9iulo1_400.gif

Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.

Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.
We need a poll for the hardware. Gold, Nickel, or mixed. My opinion is that mixed will work best given the brass piezo saddles.

The control layout will have to match the HB2 with Piezo.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65821 said:
I have good news, for ya PfennRock! There's no such thing as an ugly Euro Maple top.
Quit posting my banana. :vroam: And.........................................who mentioned European Sycamore? I want West Coast big leaf.

Last edited:
Back