The "Forum" Guitar

Ah the Mira One! It's been dreamed in another PRS location. This is not my work, it's from one of our friends in the UK (olioli).
mirajr_zps42d7021d.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;67238 said:
Stick to the polls. Focus on a single solution. Stay the course.

Yes lets. I think we were converging on this
Right now we're working from this baseline:
Model: DC22
Scale: 24.5"
Bridge: Piezo Trem (potential option)
Neck Carve: Santana (potential option)
Pickups: Narrow 408 (like on Brent Mason & Paul's guitar)
Hardware: Nickel
Body: Mahogany
Top: Maple
Neck: Chaltecoco
Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
Headstock Image: Hand-signed by Paul
Finish: Ultra-thin Nitro
Case: Black Paisley
Dealer: Your choice

How about it we count "I wills" and see how big the number gets.
I'll start 1

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;67252 said:
I recall drafting up a Starla One with a narrowfield and an SE One pickguard.

Why can't the One be made without a pickguard? We cover plate the electronics of lots of models. Why not cover plate the small area needed to get one pup, a knob, and a jack? And maybe the knob can be concentric pot and get a tone in the same spot. Just a thought...

Yes lets. I think we were converging on this

How about it we count "I wills" and see how big the number gets.
I'll start 1

Does anyone have a ballpark on what this config will cost? Unfortunately my guitar budget does have limits. :bawling:

If you have an opinion on this (even if the answer is "it depends on the price") NOW is the time to speak up.

And... 3.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;67280 said:
If you have an opinion on this (even if the answer is "it depends on the price") NOW is the time to speak up.

OK, I will speak up.

I think this could be a very gimmicky, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink, of a guitar. Jack of all trades and master of none. Well, except that you forgot to include MIDI...

What's it going to do well? Will the pickups even sound good with the neck wood? No one's heard it. Will a piezo with a trem mate well with the pickups and scale length? No one knows.

I gotta believe that Paul Smith does a little more product development than "Ooo, this sounds like it'd be cool" when designing guitars.

If it was a straightforward production model, perhaps with a special inlay, or one special feature, at least we'd know what we're in for. But this is a mishmash of stuff. Great for a player who has the bases covered and doesn't mind taking a flyer.

I'm not knocking adventure, but I'm still working on finding truly great sounding, basic guitars. Too big a risk for me. By the way, the Mira with the big fat 57/08 up front sounds like it'd be cool.

Last edited:
Number 9....Number 9....Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9....Number 9........number 9.....

fades into a chaotic mishmash of random noises and sounds.

I'll be honest I'm not crazy about the DC 22 body but seeing that picture of one in black with a single P90 defintely peeks my interest. So I will say 10 depending on price

count me in for this one :

Right now we're working from this baseline:
Model: DC22
Scale: 24.5"
Bridge: Piezo Trem (potential option)
Neck Carve: Santana (potential option)
Pickups: Narrow 408 (like on Brent Mason & Paul's guitar)
Hardware: Nickel
Body: Mahogany
Top: Maple
Neck: Chaltecoco
Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
Headstock Image: Hand-signed by Paul
Finish: Ultra-thin Nitro
Case: Black Paisley
Dealer: Your choice

Back