The "Forum" Guitar

When did you interpret my comment to include you???? What concerns me are those members who make up the list of the first 25 that never contributed to the design of this project through all of the various incarnations. You were never implied to be in that list.

Doc,
The only thing you contributed was "Chaos", Which you must admit seems to follow you around. Do you think this is merely bad luck?

It must have gotten lost somewhere with all the posts of all the people who currently populate the first 25 on the list who contributed absolutely NOTHING to the design, development and support of this project from inception to present.

Are you saying there's something wrong with not having a strong opinion about the Forum Guitar's options, being satisfied with end result, and committing to one? :dontknow: I'm way okay being that guy.

Even though the final design was not to my liking, I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one.

So, you don't like it...but you want one? :iamconfused:

An idea: Open this thing up until Friday afternoon. This will give everyone whom is serious a chance to get in. You must send your Dealer a "Non-refundable" $1000 deposit. Then we can give PRS an exact number of Guitars. Doc (Mr. Entittlement) will get his Guitar & will have to find something else to whine about. All the others whom think it was done unfairly can also get their Guitar. If you can't afford the $1000, then you really should re-think whether or not you can afford it. I'm sure the "Non-refundable" deposit will also seem to be unfair to some of you guys as well.....................

Then we will be able to go to PRS & ask them to build said Guitars.

B. Moss............ i am prepared to pay my deposit today!

No...just the willingness to say what is on my mind, even if it goes against the popular opinion...as validated by the dozens of private emails I have received jn the past 24 hours.

OK....I'm done for now...like Les....I will walk away from this debacle...please remove my name from the list...I see no reason to commemorate this project with a purchase. I can spend my money elsewhere.

My life is free from Chaos...I have learned to walk away when my goals and motivations are so diverse from others'. this was an unnecessary diversion into the concept of "fair play" which I can find elsewhere.

Give me a break... REALLY doc? Why do you feel the need to "speak" for these folks? Aren't they adults as well? Can they not speak for themselves?

guys, the thing is... we don't know if PRS will want to build 10, 20, 25 or 100 of those. The point is: Hans came with this idea. Many people gave their input. Now Hans can call PRS saying that he has more then 25 people who wants that guitar. Next step, as I see, is PRS saying no or asking: more then 25? How many FOR SURE??? Then the conversation reaches another level. I really can't understand (maybe is my poor English) why so much noise for something that was so fun to imagine and talk about. It's still real on the fantasy land, but it's getting closer to be real. Let's not ruin the fun and get the engine moving.
Let's see if PRS say yes to that and how many guitars they would make.

OK....I'm done for now...like Les....I will walk away from this debacle...please remove my name from the list...I see no reason to commemorate this project with a purchase. I can spend my money elsewhere.

OK....So, now you do not want one? Then what pray tell was the point of all this? And one more question if you please, and this is more so for yourself to ponder than my own curiosity, but if you had been one of the first 25 to reply and commit, would you have gone to bat for this silent majority you represent?

Problem is that there may not really be more than 25. There may only be 20................... then what?

I say we put our money where our mouth is!

B. Moss, I am prepared to send my deposit by Friday....................... anyone else?

Do you remember when I was banned for two weeks for a truly inappropriate comment? Well...a lot of others remember as well. And...many of them feel that it is "inappropriate" for them to comment negatively about the recent turn of events. No one wants to get banned....especially me. I may not always agree with the company line...but I value my opportunity to participate and comment.

So...I have no problem speaking out when others have fear of reprisal, whether it is realistic or not. I hope that there would be no reprisals for oppositional comments...however from what I've received privately...there are a lot of members who agree with me but who are concerned about posting it publicly. So..while they certainly can speak for themselves...for whatever reason...they are afraid. If someone in authority were to post a comment assuring no reprisals or retaliation in any manner for comments going against the way things turned out....I'd bet anything that you'd see a public display of chagrin.

I think you've been treated unfairly Doc. You prolly deserve a free Guitar!

PS.................. I thought you were off this thread......... again :laugh: :tongue:

I sense a disturbance in The Force, My Wa, Chi and Mojo all at the same time.

I humbly ask that we take a step back and chill. This not the time to abandon the idea or the project. Hans and many other Forum Members put a lot of effort and time into getting this thing this far. That effort was in good faith and deserves not to be denigrated or wasted.

Nothing is set in stone at this time and we need to allow that change is possible. For one thing, PRS has not agreed to the project, making the whole discussion academic at best.

One thing that is very off-putting is the public accusation of less than honorable motives or intentions towards anyone on either side of this debate. Such statements have no place in debate and reflect only on those making the accusations, not their intended targets. Knock it off.

I'm locking this thread for a while to allow time for everyone to cool off.

Nah... leave it closed. This was supposed to be fun. It's not.

If I ever decide to pick up the ball again, I'll reopen the thread. For the time being (and foreseeable future), its dead.

Maybe I'll cool off but I need time away from the discussion.

Getting initial buy-in from PRS never happened - nor was I willing to do it unless we could narrow down what we were going to ask for. Wherever we go from here - assuming I ever reopen this tread - there are lesson's learned.

Pissed doesn't begin to describe my emotional state right now...

I have no dog in this hunt. I wasn't going to buy one of the guitars. But level of immaturity and lack of respect exhibited in this thread completely disgusts me. A word of warning. It WILL NEVER happen again.

Jamie

Back