The Day After Laz Had Cataract Surgery...

Very cool! Congrats. Always great to have great eyesight.

Contemplated it as well a couple of years back. Didn't do it. Somehow two of my most talented bodyparts are my retinas. If my playing was as good as my retinas, I would have been Steve Vai or any other of the Steves. With glasses with the correct strength, I could see up to 160%. Something they could not have matched with the surgery and that bothered me.

I don't speak up much here but had to on this one.
If you are in need of cataract surgery just do it. The first one I had they bandaged it and I had to wait till the next morning to see. I walked over to the door, peeled the patch back and my wife was like..."well?". I said it felt like I was looking through a bionic eye, it was great. The next one I walked out of the surgery with no patch. They roll you in and within minutes they knock you out and then you're awake, almost as if you weren't out. I asked the doctor on the first one and he said I was out I think it was less than 10 minutes and that's what it felt like. And aside from all that one eye is perfect and the other I have a weak contact for but don't always wear it.
I had a great experience but I'm sure there are others.
Take care...now back in my hole I go.

Does this guitar make my ego look big?

DEAN-V_2021-10-31.jpg

Very cool! Congrats. Always great to have great eyesight.

Contemplated it as well a couple of years back. Didn't do it. Somehow two of my most talented bodyparts are my retinas. If my playing was as good as my retinas, I would have been Steve Vai or any other of the Steves. With glasses with the correct strength, I could see up to 160%. Something they could not have matched with the surgery and that bothered me.
I had cataracts, so I was really having trouble seeing. Couldn't drive at night, with glasses. Could only read books on the computer so I could enlarge the print. So...had no choice.

I'm having the other eye done at the end of the month. It'll be good to see well!

Congrats to everyone who has had it done.... I will probably need it in a couple of years.

So they knock you out to do it, that's good to know, I thought you had to be awake for them to do the surgery.
You're awake, with a twilight anesthetic, which basically means you're stoned. So even though you know someone's sticking a knife in your eye, you don't give a sh!t. :)

Great news Les! Glad to hear all went well for eye 1!! Now that you know what a breeze it is, eye 2 will be a walk in the park!!! My girl had the procedure done about 5 years ago and she just LOVES the results. Both procedures were quick and painless for her ;~))

Great news Les! Glad to hear all went well for eye 1!! Now that you know what a breeze it is, eye 2 will be a walk in the park!!! My girl had the procedure done about 5 years ago and she just LOVES the results. Both procedures were quick and painless for her ;~))
I get the other eye done at the end of the month; they wait two weeks between eyes to make sure the first one heals OK - just in case, I'd guess!

Spending extra dough on the optional, insurance-doesn't-cover-'em cataract replacement lenses is a good incentive to stick around on the planet, otherwise I won't get my money's worth! ;)

I get the other eye done at the end of the month; they wait two weeks between eyes to make sure the first one heals OK - just in case, I'd guess!

Spending extra dough on the optional, insurance-doesn't-cover-'em cataract replacement lenses is a good incentive to stick around on the planet, otherwise I won't get my money's worth! ;)
I actually deleted a part from my post referring to that! My girl did the same thing, she got the dual focus lenses and it cost her about $5k out of pocket (the rest covered by insurance) but it was way better than having the single focus lenses! Congrats!!

It is crystal clear that your wife isn't a forum member.....lol
She has no interest in my gear, my music, or my jokes, so I'm safe.

If we were dating instead of married, she'd at least pretend to show an interest in the music!

I told her that.

She said, "Not really."

She thinks the bees are still gonna be buzzin' around her hive if I kick off. More power to her, but I have my doubts! ;)

I actually deleted a part from my post referring to that! My girl did the same thing, she got the dual focus lenses and it cost her about $5k out of pocket (the rest covered by insurance) but it was way better than having the single focus lenses! Congrats!!
I wasn't a candidate for the dual focus, for medical reasons; but I was a candidate for the astigmatism correcting lenses, which cost about the same dough. Turns out, I'm seeing distance a LOT better, too.

Back