The Collection Series - A Treebute!

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
Just felt like remembering and commemorating these. They are like something out of a fable! Will always be a fan.
collection_electric_1a.jpg

collection_electric_2a.jpg

collection_electric_3a.jpg

collection_electric_4a.jpg

collection_electric_4e.jpg

collection_electric_usa_5a.jpg

collection_electric_usa_5d.jpg

collection_electric_usa_6a.jpg

collection_electric_usa_6b.jpg

collection_electric_usa_6c.jpg

collection7a.jpg

collection_electric_2014a.jpg

collection_electric_2014b.jpg

collection_electric_2014d.jpg

collection9a_quilt.jpg

The Documentary:

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/prs_collection_series_a_retrospective

Logged in History:
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/news/story/prs_guitars_in_the_metropolitan_museum_of_art

Last edited:
The small number of each run (between 16 to 24) was really remarkable. A typical private stock limited run would already be between 60 (594 HB LTD) to 80 (Graveyard LTD). These must have been projects of passion as much as enterprise.

Shudder to think what those cost and to whom they went...
I think new private stock prices these days are approaching what they cost back then. Which is remarkable considering the low numbers. The profit would have been negligible. Must have been for passion and prestige (flagship showcase etc) that these were made.

The museum birds on the 2014 electric should be repeated, perhaps on the Paul’s guitar or another limited run. Such a pity for it to be featured on just 24 guitars in 2014. It’s too good not to be repeated.

These were all great guitars.
It’s too bad the acoustics didn’t get much love. I was surprised how good the classical was.
They also did some Collection acoustics prior to the run of pairs. It include this, from a run of 4.
CK_312CollectionTop.JPG
The acoustics are amazing. I remember some runs having Pernambuco and African Blackwood back and sides! Can’t get more exotic than that. If yours was an early run of 4, it must have been Pernie back and sides?

I remember World Guitars made demo videos on a few of the acoustics. Man o man, the tone was :eek::eek::eek:...

Never had a chance to own one though :(. By the time I caught on, they’ve all gone bye bye.

Heck, I’d settle for the ability to order Celtic knot inlays again!

I got back into guitar after most of the Collection runs had already been released. Would have loved a chance to try some of them.
Yeah agree! They’re just too good to retire.

They can't be that nice if there's no Santana. :p
Tsk tsk! There was a special dealer one-off Collection Grade Santana that Mr. Flametop got...(my Miss Pernie was the one-off done by Jim L at Guitar Rez).

5_EA6_AC5_B-_DB6_E-4865-_AAB2-3_AD1_C2_C916_FA.jpg

The Santana guitar gods are not pleased you seemed to have forgetten this example of pure awesomeness! forgot! :D

Tsk tsk! There was a special dealer one-off Collection Grade Santana that Mr. Flametop got...(my Miss Pernie was the one-off done by Jim L at Guitar Rez).

5_EA6_AC5_B-_DB6_E-4865-_AAB2-3_AD1_C2_C916_FA.jpg

The Santana guitar gods are not pleased you seemed to have forgetten this example of pure awesomeness! forgot! :D
Another irresistible one-off! I also remember this particular one has the words “Collection Santana” inlayed into the headstock. Truly one of a kind.

Last edited:
Back