The chopping block

We’re talking about remodeling our basement, which until Covid and my wife working from home, was just my guitar depository.

I kinda don’t want it to look like a pawn shop down there, and with prices being what they are… might be time to cash out?

HB Spruce, SE EG, CE22, SE O, SE Santana, Core Santana (aka: my wife’s guitar, according to her) SE CU24 (trash) the LV Soapbar studio, Gucci guitar, Bernie, and maybe even the KL33 could/would/should move on. Maybe.

I think I could live an incredible life with just the White Westie, DC3, my sister’s Fender MM Jazz bass, Yamaha flamenco/nylon string, and my sparkle SE Semi Hollow Custom w/Bigsby as my “trash” guitar. I already promised Paco my OG CE24 will be his first guitar, and his eyes lit up like Xmas when I told him… also, don’t think I could part with it.

I keep telling myself: “You can only play one of them at a time” and that every moment I spend playing a different guitar, is time I’m not playing the Westie.
You'd regret the KL. Move a mop instead

Always thinking about downsizing, never actually doing it. I do have fewer in number than a few years ago, but likely the same in value. Pretty sure I have even more amps and cabs, though. What the heck, I enjoy having them and they seem to enjoy hanging out in the Band Cave. Perhaps I should just embrace the overstock.

I have zero desire to sell the guitars I have but PA gear........still got all my non powered cabs rack mount amps outboard gear and analog board.

It's worth nothing and still sitting in my enclosed H n H trailer

I did buy a spark amp and it is really cool however I still have Mesa Stiletto, jcm800 studio head, marshall dsl 15 head, marshall class 5 combo. Plus marshall 4x12 UK greenbacks, marshall 4x12 G12T-75s, marshall 4x12 G12L-35s, marshall 4x12 modified, 6505 4x12 UK v30s. Plus two 2x12 cabs.

All my guitar stuff is downstairs......I'm outta room!!!!

I’ve already sold about half of my collection. Still think about selling more with ongoing issues. I haven’t been able to play for the past few months and woke up with vertigo today, so it will be another health delay…

Given my hands are becoming claws with age, I‘ve been debating about selling this one, my Pernie. It’s killer but Pattern Regular neck carve is tough now.

51-ECD149-2-D69-4-A1-E-A1-B9-81-E5045-EED1-C.jpg

77193-B05-DBEC-4433-9601-C4-FA71-E47133.jpg

I even debate about selling the McManus, but then I play it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I tell myself it’s ok to sell because I need to be ready if a certain Bahama SCT TOL becomes available :)

And no, I’m not selling this one unless there’s a really outrageous offer!

image.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve already sold about half of my collection. Still think about selling more with ongoing issues. I haven’t been able to play for the past few months and woke up with vertigo today, so it will be another health delay…

Given my hands are becoming claws with age, I‘ve been debating about selling this one, my Pernie. It’s killer but Pattern Regular neck carve is tough now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I tell myself it’s ok to sell because I need to be ready if a certain Bahama SCT TOL becomes available :)

image.jpg

Aww man I hate to hear that about your vertigo. I remember you had a lot of trouble with it before. Sucks! Those are gorgeous as so many here are! Hang in there buddy!

Is that pernie the collection run?

I'm always in this frame of mind. For some reason I feel guilty if I have too much sitting unused. I think in a combination of which guitars I reach for first and which ones I miss when they sit in the case for a while. Then, it's the fun factor of each when I pick it up.

Currently all my "first to go" guitars are all gone since I sold two last year. Considering selling one or two more, but don't quite feel like it yet.

This thread frightens me. Because I _know_ I have too many guitars, but I also want so many more guitars. Many of them mentioned in this thread. Like a Pernie, or an archtop, or a Westie, or ...

I could sell a few of the minimally-played models, but every now and then I pull one out for a specific reason, and I remember why I have it - like the Starla I've used recently for a couple of new songs - I needed that tone, no other PRS would do.

But when I pull them I remember why I haven't sold them. Still it might be time...

Problem is, every time I pull out a guitar to consider it, I'm reminded of why I bought it and what it offers that other guitars don't.

These above have been an issue for me as well. I already know that if I make the decision to move some of my collection, I CANNOT play them before selling. That is how they keep going back in the closet. I think about selling one or two then I pull them out and start playing them and decide I really shouldn't let it go because I really like it and then it goes back in the closet to not be taken out again until I think about selling it again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sorry to hear about the vertigo. I've never dealt with it, but our pooch did right before Christmas. It was frightening to watch.

Stfu!! I'm a mopping fool too!!! Sometimes it seems like I mop err' day all day and I dig it. Hell It's about the only exercise I get, other than walking the dogs several times a day. I'm kinda "sleeping with the enemy" crazy about the house being clean and situated, minus the terrorizing my wife part of course. Pfft...that mean a$$ ginger could beat the brakes off of me.;)

Public transit in Chicago with a commercial mop bucket!? DAMMIT MAN!! THAT'S what love looks like!! Mrs. Sergio's a FRIGGIN LEGEND!

Back on track. Like my mops, my guitars pale by comparison to the collections you and the other fellas have, but I LOVE my two SEs. The 245 is my baby and it's also my prized possession (for obvious reasons). The SS ("Butta") has quickly worked itself right into my heart as well, I've already decided it's 100% a keeper. Plus it's the fist SE the wife ever bought me.

I've thought about what I really needed gear wise, A LOT!! And if I'm totally honest with myself, all I really need is what I've already got, a great humbucker and a great single coil guitar. Of course, I know there's a lot of other tonal options available, and I lust over most every core and PS I lay eyes on, but for what I enjoy doing, simple works and I just live vicariously thru you guys.

For me, it's just another material thing that I would love to have, but in no way need. I just can't justify spending a substantial amount of money on anything more at the moment. I'm just a play every day, bedroom hack kinda guy. Basically...a guitar simp, but that's all good with me. It's my happy place my drug, my escape and my daily therapy/meditation session.

Seeing you guys scale down (as much as it hurts my soul) kinda validates my general attitude about being totally okay with what works for me. So, as long as I have the basics to play music and create with..I'm as they say down here...happier the a pig in sh!t.

But that's just from my perspective YRMV.

Good luck on the cleansing boys & girls! The market is stupid hot right now so go for it!
Right? She’s the best! She’s also a “sweeper”, which means I rarely ever have to touch a broom. We’re trying really hard to raise our son as a vacuum-er since we both hate vacuuming.

But yeah, I love mopping. My mop Sherpa was the manager at my first job and a Navy veteran, and taught me how to swab the deck properly.

While I love my commercial setup, I’m really into this microfiber pad mop for quick cleanups, and for waxing. It doesn’t leave any streaks or dried beads, or it does but… they’re so small you can’t see them.

I’ve had to cool it on the Mop-n-Glo though. It’s hilarious to watch the cat eat sh!t after using it but less so when it’s my son who’s a habitual sock wearer.

Right? She’s the best! She’s also a “sweeper”, which means I rarely ever have to touch a broom. We’re trying really hard to raise our son as a vacuum-er since we both hate vacuuming.

But yeah, I love mopping. My mop Sherpa was the manager at my first job and a Navy veteran, and taught me how to swab the deck properly.

While I love my commercial setup, I’m really into this microfiber pad mop for quick cleanups, and for waxing. It doesn’t leave any streaks or dried beads, or it does but… they’re so small you can’t see them.

I’ve had to cool it on the Mop-n-Glo though. It’s hilarious to watch the cat eat sh!t after using it but less so when it’s my son who’s a habitual sock wearer.
Dude, c'mon! I consider my Dyson a power tool. I won't let the Mrs close to it!

Is that pernie the collection run?
Collection grade woods, but not part of a Collection run. During the early Collection Series release, select long time dealers were allowed to design their own one-off Collection grade guitar. This was designed by Jim Lehman of Guitar Resurrection who was been a PRS dealer since 1985. Jim is a gentleman and a scholar.

South American Hog body
Pernie Neck
Ebony Board and HS overlay
Gold Celtic Knots
Curly Koa neck and HS binding
Koa Knobs and pickup rings
Etched Gold Eagle on HS
57/08 pickups
Piezo Stoptail
25” scale length
Pattern Regular neck carve
Aquamarine HG Nitro finish