The chopping block

I often make noise about guitar and gear downsizing, but when push comes to shove, I simply can't do it.

I realize that now's the time to sell. Yet, every time I think of which one must go, the answer repeats itself: None. None must go.

For the four PS models, the thought of selling is absurd; they're that good. But the two other PRS electrics are pretty special ones in their own right, and it took me quite some time to settle on the models that would give me the most flexibility. So I have a PS McCarty Singlecut, a 20th PS with Paul's pickups and a middle narrowfield, a PS CU24, a 594 Soapy, and a Semi-hollow Special. Plus a PS acoustic.That's a pretty diverse group.

It's a small stash compared to most here, but everything's quality. I spent many years putting my lineup together, and I'm 100% happy.

With amps, I've been set for the past couple of years with four. The HXDA and DG30 are my top two, followed by a Mesa Lone Star 100 and Mesa Fillmore 50.

I may even add a Matchless HC30 at some point, only because I love that AC30 sound, had Sampson-designed amps in the past, and miss that tone. I'd even get another Two-Rock, if they made something more like the Onyx.

My amp and cab switcher can handle 8 amps and 4 cabs, so I have room to add four amp heads to the studio rig.

When I first joined this forum I made a lot of noise about needing only one great guitar and one great amp. That worked for me for a long time, but somehow things got outta hand, and I'm not sorry they did. :)

It is now time for 11Top to remind me of my past folly. ;)

Last edited:
Nope. Not selling a damned thing. It all goes to the boys eventually and I’m not screwing that up.
I like that end game. My girls don’t like guitar enough to stuff mine in their homes. Maybe 2 or 3 each. The ghetto bass is definitely staying in the family. It will probably go west with a guitar whose artwork matches a tattoo out there.

Back