The 30th Anniversary models have arrived!

I like it, interesting to hear what the 85/15 sounds like. I am guessing 85 is referring to 1985? Would that mean a heavier metal sound ?

I just watched the video as well, good watch.

They are not 20th birds. They are different, no wisps with the birds and different cuttings of the birds, hence 30th anniv. birds.

I'm a little underwhelmed with these guys but I understand these are more show pieces and less statement pieces for celebratory reasons - I still have faith some amazing new models will surface :)

Well, these look nice, and if I was in the hunt for my next new PRSi, one of these might be under consideration. But I won't be going out of my way to get one. Now, come out with a 30th anniv P24, and you have my attention! (The P245 looks interesting, but I really miss those last two frets on my hollowbody, so I've pretty well decided that my next piezo-equipped PRSi is going to have 24 frets...)

If you look at the artist pack specs under the 30th CU24 model, it refers to the bridge as "PRS Machined Tremolo". Not sure what the "machined" means. Never seen that in regards to the trem before.

Hmmm IMHO the core line USA 30th Ann Cu24 got too much decorations (fingerboard&headstock purfling) while lacking attention to material grade; the birds are not inlaid with abalone or stuff like 2013-2014 birds. I guess it's a trade-off between bird design + purfling and abalone birds. Sorry for being frank, but it's just my personal test (clean look with touching appointments). Hence in conclusion, the 30th Ann. disappointed me. Now I'm re-thinking about getting 2014 Cu24 again (after suspending this idea waiting to see the 30th Ann...)

Last edited:
I'm REALLY hoping that this 30th Ann inlay scheme will be available on all Core models during the 30th Ann year.

I had to sell off my P22....I'm planning on a P24 Trem, but to have the 30th appointments would be REALLY nice. Even if there's an upcharge....

Tony

Man...tough crowd. They look cool to me, and the 85/15 pickups "sound" interesting. A CU24 is suspiciously absent from my collection, and have thought about getting one...and this might be the reason. We'll see... It'll depend on pricing...

Back