That classic rock tone

I just thought Id give a little update to this thread........................... in case some of you may be interested.
As some of you may know from other places, I recently had a chance to finally play for myself a LP through a Marshall. Now it wasnt a Plexi, but it was a DSL. So i figure as far as the amp was concerned, it isnt exact, but probably pretty darn close. But anyway, this combo had that .................. thing................ i dont know if youd call it a growl, but thats the closest I can come to an explanation.
I was also lucky enough to play a CU 22 that day also. And i compared the 22 to a SE tremonti Custom and the LP through an Amp exactly like the one I currently use. Sadly I didnt think to play the 3 through the Marshall. But while different, they were close to each other. So I ordered a Marshall DSL40c with a G12H-75 creamback in place of the 70/80 that is normal in these amps, today, and I will be figuring out the guitar in the coming months. i do have an SE and a Strat to keep myself busy with in the meantime. :cool:
Good choice. It is close, very close. Enjoy!!

I just thought Id give a little update to this thread........................... in case some of you may be interested.
As some of you may know from other places, I recently had a chance to finally play for myself a LP through a Marshall. Now it wasnt a Plexi, but it was a DSL. So i figure as far as the amp was concerned, it isnt exact, but probably pretty darn close. But anyway, this combo had that .................. thing................ i dont know if youd call it a growl, but thats the closest I can come to an explanation.
I was also lucky enough to play a CU 22 that day also. And i compared the 22 to a SE tremonti Custom and the LP through an Amp exactly like the one I currently use. Sadly I didnt think to play the 3 through the Marshall. But while different, they were close to each other. So I ordered a Marshall DSL40c with a G12H-75 creamback in place of the 70/80 that is normal in these amps, today, and I will be figuring out the guitar in the coming months. i do have an SE and a Strat to keep myself busy with in the meantime. :cool:
I just received my Creamback DSL40 today, sounds great! Need to break in the speaker a bit this weekend, but seems like it will be a great match for my satin singlecut. I may put on a pair of headphones, and crank her up real loud!

I just received my Creamback DSL40 today, sounds great! Need to break in the speaker a bit this weekend, but seems like it will be a great match for my satin singlecut. I may put on a pair of headphones, and crank her up real loud!
You got one too? Awesome. Was yours new or a demo rig?

Awesome. Congrats. Drop back in and give us your take on it after youve had a chance to spend a little time with it.

Awesome. Congrats. Drop back in and give us your take on it after youve had a chance to spend a little time with it.
I just got finished playing mine, and it kills. Both the Strat and the 408 sound awesome thru it.
I'm finding I don't hit the gain channel that often. The clean channel, with gain at around 3 and volume at band level, very much has what I used to get from the Major: crunch determined by how I pick. Hit it soft it sounds clean; what it with the pick and it roars.

Cool man. Im having trouble conjuring up the desire to play right now. I keep wishing I already had it. Cmon thursday.

Back