Wiring Diagram help...

thewesdavis

Sorry if this would be better served in another part of the forum...
This may get a little hate, but it's also fully reversible if I ever look to offload the axe - but theres a backstory/prsonal histroy with this one so it's a keeper.

I have a core (1997) Swamp Ash Special, and I am looking to do a "slight" modification to get a few more tonal options.

I am not a "tone knob guy" - I set it at 10 and forget it. Always.
I am wanting to swap out the tone knob push/pull for a 2-way ON/ON toggle...where position 1 is "les paul mode" with the bridge humbucker (thinking of upgrading to an Unbucker) and position 2 is "strat mode" - splits the coils on the neck and bridge pups and brings in a 5 way rotary with the typical strat switching.

Sorry if this would be better served in another part of the forum...
This may get a little hate, but it's also fully reversible if I ever look to offload the axe - but theres a backstory/prsonal histroy with this one so it's a keeper.

I have a core (1997) Swamp Ash Special, and I am looking to do a "slight" modification to get a few more tonal options.

I am not a "tone knob guy" - I set it at 10 and forget it. Always.
I am wanting to swap out the tone knob push/pull for a 2-way ON/ON toggle...where position 1 is "les paul mode" with the bridge humbucker (thinking of upgrading to an Unbucker) and position 2 is "strat mode" - splits the coils on the neck and bridge pups and brings in a 5 way rotary with the typical strat switching.
I think this is why they started putting the 5 way blade on these in 2006. Mine is a 2006 with the blade. It lets me tap both humbuckers and run it as all single coils like a Strat. The only tone I can't get is both humbuckers at the same time. I originally changed the pickups in my SAS and put Unbuckers in it to get stronger split tones. They worked pretty well in that guitar. It now has 57/08s in it with the tap resistors. I put the 57/08s in it back a ways. I know it was before 2012. I also put a Fralin Blues Special in the middle.

If I were trying to accomplish what you are trying to do, I would look at the freeway switch instead of going with a rotary. I am not a big fan of the rotary. I find them difficult to make quick changes when playing live.

Check our the freeway 6way. It's the way to go..I kept my push/pull to add the middle to all the tones. There's a several ways to go at it. They'll help you our with any wiring diagram you could want.

The 5708 are the way to go.

I think this is why they started putting the 5 way blade on these in 2006. Mine is a 2006 with the blade. It lets me tap both humbuckers and run it as all single coils like a Strat. The only tone I can't get is both humbuckers at the same time. I originally changed the pickups in my SAS and put Unbuckers in it to get stronger split tones. They worked pretty well in that guitar. It now has 57/08s in it with the tap resistors. I put the 57/08s in it back a ways. I know it was before 2012. I also put a Fralin Blues Special in the middle.

If I were trying to accomplish what you are trying to do, I would look at the freeway switch instead of going with a rotary. I am not a big fan of the rotary. I find them difficult to make quick changes when playing live.
Yeah - I’m not crazy about the rotary live either, but the main change I make mid song would be accomplished via the 2-way.

Thanks for the pickup recommendation!!

Back