CE22 - Wiring Help!!

thewesdavis

I have a CE22 (which I LOVE) and it is currently my main axe (the core swamp ash special I just ordered may change that in the weeks to come though...) but: I do not like the 5-way rotary switch (I know that is blasphemy to some of you). I want to wire in a 3 way switch, but I do not want the "les paul" layout of Neck, Both, Bridge; I essentially want position "6" (Neck), position "9" (outer coils), position "10" (Bridge).
I purchased this switch which i believe should get the job done... https://guitarelectronics.com/3-position-4-pole-on-on-on-toggle-switch-chrome/

Any feedback on wiring her up?

I have a CE22 (which I LOVE) and it is currently my main axe (the core swamp ash special I just ordered may change that in the weeks to come though...) but: I do not like the 5-way rotary switch (I know that is blasphemy to some of you). I want to wire in a 3 way switch, but I do not want the "les paul" layout of Neck, Both, Bridge; I essentially want position "6" (Neck), position "9" (outer coils), position "10" (Bridge).
I purchased this switch which i believe should get the job done... https://guitarelectronics.com/3-position-4-pole-on-on-on-toggle-switch-chrome/

Any feedback on wiring her up?
What year?

It’s a freeway for the win, Before you change anything live with it for a week or two. I don’t recall the 5 way being stock on any year, except the 5 way blade in later years.

It’s a freeway for the win, Before you change anything live with it for a week or two. I don’t recall the 5 way being stock on any year, except the 5 way blade in later years.
I believe its a 2004. (it's the 'core' with the black headstock veneer, not the newer model with the maple headstock)
I've had the guitar for several years now...

Resurrecting this thread as I'm hoping to do some Yuletide soldering...
I ordered a set of mid 90s HFS/Vintage Bass for my 04 CE22 (Dragon 2s weren't my favorite) - should be a straight swap with the 3-way switch. Yay!

For my other CE22, I am looking to achieve position "6" (Neck), position "9" (outer coils), position "10" (Bridge) with the 3-way switch I ordered.

I have a schematic (post #10) for Seymour Duncan pickups (a TB4 in the neck and a Phat Cat in the bridge) with this switch (attached) and am hopeful some sage advice can be passed on for adjusting this schematic for the wiring combination I am desiring with my Dragon 1s.
Neck (both coils) only
Neck (single) and P90 in parallel
P90 only

Any feedback is greatly appreciated (I hate the 5-way rotary switch in a live setting)

Last edited:
Back