TCI. output

rbert0005

I picked up an SE 24-08 recently, and while I like it, I find the pups to be somewhat warm.

Does anyone know what the output is for the neck and bridge?

I would have done it when I got it but alas my meter does not have the proper setting to do so.

Thanks,
Bob

Have you tried lowering the bass side of the pup, and/or raising the treble side? I have a core 24-08 and it sounds perfect, from bright not harsh, to warm and still, articulate.

I am not asking this for tone purposes, I was just wanting to know the value for my OCD.

PRS says they are about 8.98k, for anyone else that may want to know.

Bob

I picked up an SE 24-08 recently, and while I like it, I find the pups to be somewhat warm.

Does anyone know what the output is for the neck and bridge?

I would have done it when I got it but alas my meter does not have the proper setting to do so.

Thanks,
Bob
The output for TCI(s) pickups is around 11.3k ohms, give or take. I'm going by memory, but I know its over 11k on each. That's right, both the neck and bridge have the same output amount. I suspect they use the same pickup for each position, but I'm just speculating.

I tend to believe that because when I switch from playing my Strat with Fat 50s to the 24-08 I go from 9 to 2 on the volume knob.

Definitely have to do some knob twirling on the amp.

Bob

I tend to believe that because when I switch from playing my Strat with Fat 50s to the 24-08 I go from 9 to 2 on the volume knob.

Bob
Yeah, they are fairly hot. I do like them quite a bit and I contend they are the best SE pups ever designed. That said, I did end up replacing all mine with bareknuckle abraxas pups. I like the hotter bridge and mellower neck on those sets.

The output for TCI(s) pickups is around 11.3k ohms, give or take. I'm going by memory, but I know its over 11k on each. That's right, both the neck and bridge have the same output amount. I suspect they use the same pickup for each position, but I'm just speculating.

I had no clue they are so hot. I didn't expect that. Maybe the bridge but the neck too. Thanks for the info.

Bob

Every time I switch to/from single coils I twist or stomp on something for my rig.

Back