SE SAS - - hum free in ALL 6 positions?

henryjurstin13

I recently picked up a used SE SAS, and the bridge pickup proved to be dead... got a DiMarzio 36th Anniv PAF to drop in, thinking it might be somewhat close/good enough. Position 1 (toggle down) with the push/pull UP (bridge humbucker & middle single) -- should this be hum cancelling? I've got hum... maybe the bridge humbucker is louder/too high..?

Should all six positions be hum free?

Ok.... so, I'm a lil confused. Got my SE SAS back with all stock wiring, and position 1 with the tone pot UP has hum. It's not crazy, it's just normal hum. But, I don't like it. I'm sure I could mod it for middle pup & split bridge pup, but I wanna take a minute to learn.

I thought position 2 in the custom 24 is basically the same as tone UP position 1 on my SE SAS... with a humbucker & another single coil...? Is the CU24 not hum free in all positions? My goal is hum free in all positions. Anyone have any thoughts, or care to get me learnt today?

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL2N1c3RvbS0yNC1jb250cm9scy5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJqcGVnIjp7InF1YWxpdHkiOjgyLCJwcm9ncmVzc2l2ZSI6dHJ1ZSwidHJlbGxpc1F1YW50aXNhdGlvbiI6dHJ1ZSwib3ZlcnNob290RGVyaW5naW5nIjp0cnVlLCJvcHRpbWl6ZVNjYW5zIjp0cnVlfSwicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjoxMjAwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjkyNSwiZml0IjoiY292ZXIifX19

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL1NFX1NBU18yMDIzLTEyLTIwLTIwNTY0OF95emp1LmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjk5MiwiaGVpZ2h0IjoxMTU1LCJmaXQiOiJjb3ZlciJ9LCJzaGFycGVuIjp0cnVlfX0=

Back