Swamp Ash Special wiring

P

PRS.Lujan

I got this a swamp ash special used a few days ago. It's wired with a push/pull and a 5-way rotary. the problem I have is there is no tone knob. Would I just add a capacitor to push/pull? Looks like the volume has a capacitor on it?
515D3C7E-3198-4342-A856-92067A4E2C7E_zpswoemhryn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the push/pull is the tone pot if I am looking at this correctly. Check the the support page, hit the wire schematic link on left and check out the swamp as special schematic. It will show how it was wired by PRS. Looks like the rotary is a mod. PRS would have had a 3 way toggle or a 5 way blade.

Last edited:
The capacitor on the volume pot is there to maintain high frequencies as you roll off the volume. I don't see a tone capacitor. What happens when you turn that pot down... nothing?

As wardog mentioned there have never been SASes with rotary switches. Is that a 4 position rotary? Do you know which pickups are active with each rotary position?

nothing happens when you turn the push/pull knob which should be the tone knob. The five way rotary functions like a stock PRS 5-way rotary. What if i removed capacitor on volume knob and connected capacitor from volume to tone?

Last edited by a moderator:
What if i removed capacitor on volume knob and connected capacitor from volume to tone?

It's the wrong value for a tone capacitor. What you have is roughly 180 picofarads, and tone caps should be around .02 or .03 microfarads which is 20,000-30,000 picofarads.

noticed that just the ground is hooked to knob part

Last edited by a moderator:
Back