Suhr Aldrich pickups in my Custom 22

Mvenuti1980

I bought a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups intending to put them in a Les Paul that I just picked up. The LP had the Duncan Slash pickups installed in it and I expected to hate them. Turns out they are some of the best pickups I have ever played…so those are staying. I’d like to put these 50mm spaced Aldrich pickups in my 2006 Custom 22 Trem. My understanding is that this guitar has a 52mm spacing on its original bridge pickup. Anybody had luck putting in a 50mm pickup in the bridge and preserve the rotary switch? Thanks!

My 08 Mira pickup is 49.2mm and want to say core PRS pups are in general.
Does that go for ones with trems too? My understanding is that no Core models use F spaced pickups. I’m looking to put these into a core 2006 Custom 22 with trem.

Looking forward to the report! That's a pickup on my short list to try out next.

Well, the Aldrich bridge is great. It’s a little bright, but all around it sounds very good in a Custom 22 through a modded JCM800. I couldn’t tell you how the neck sounds though. Both my tech and I were pressed for time and I didn’t check the guitar when he was done. I have two neck splits, two dead spots and a bridge, all in a whacky order on my rotary. Guessing I’ll be back there next week!

The Aldrich to me is rather dark. Not bright, but it depends on guitar.

Back