Strings

I use D`Addario NYXL 10-52 on most of my solidbodies. Great strings, and the thicker lower strings balance out the sound in my ears so that the guitars are not midrange heavy.

Been wanting to try these. Did you have to open the nut up for the wound strings?

I have been using strings from gearsupply.co They are a subscription service for handwound strings and allow you to tailor you set to your liking. My SE Custom Semi-hollow is 10-46 and my SE 245 Soapie is 11-48. Really great customer service and the strings are sweet.

I use D'Addarios...9s for Fender scale guitars, 10s for Gibson scale guitars, and 9.5s for PRS scale guitars. I find they give me a similar feel across the spectrum.

I tried daddario xl's but they kept rusting up within a few days, so i moved to elixr's (trjed both poly and nano but still testing). I'm using 10-46 on my nighthawk reissue and went from 9's to 10's on my se cu24 before i sold it. I purchased an se marsden last week with the factory prs 10's on it, I quite like them without coating. If they dont rust like the daddario xl's then ill look at sticking with pure nickel 10's, prs if i can find a shop that sell them. If they do start to rust then i have some elixr nano 10's at the ready. Queensland is very humid fyi

Back