String guage change on a stoptail

PatLawrence

Hi guys
I've recently purchased a 20th ani singlecut which has solid stoptail. The guitar is currently set up with 9's but I wana go 10's to match my other guitars.

Im wondering if its worth changing it out for a adjustable acc-4005 as it will give me a bit more flexibility when it comes to getting the best possible inottation as the sold stop tails I've read arent as flexible.

I'm sure someone has had this dilemma before but just wondering what people's thoughts are who have changed guages with this type of stoptail

The original one piece is fine for a 9 to 10 change. All Core PRS come string with 10s anyway. I did have to go adjustable when I tried to run a set of 7s or 8s. Can’t remember which it was.

Thanks Bodia only reason I asked as this shipped set up with 9's looking at its hang tag. I was also under the understanding that all the American core models were 10's to.

You'll be fine with 10s on the solid stoptail. Enjoy!

=K

The PRS wraparound stop tail is what Paul uses on his guitar figuring its pretty spot on.
I have NEVER had any issues that made me want to change bridges, I had a CU22, Modern eagle, Core Mira , HBII , Mira 245 all with the stop tail all intonate perfectly

Back