Spec's and thoughts on a 2000 PRS Custom 24 10 Top (newbie)

Dutch

Hi, I have a 2000 PRS Custom 24 10 Top, emerald green on layaway. Ser. # 044818. I was just looking for any information about my guitar for educational purposes. I am new to PRS, and tried a 2011 DC3, 2013 S2 custom 24 both great guitars, but really felt a bond with the 2000 custom 24 right away, played the other two for a week each, really liked them till I played 2000 Custom 24. I'll try to post pic's soon, thanks Dutch.

Does it have the 5 way rotary tone selector or a 3 way toggle? Here's what the 5 way rotary actually does, if you haven't seen it yet:
ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
  • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
  • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 6: Bass pickup

It would have the phase II locking tuners, I believe. Either a regular or wide thin neck profile.

This is a great part of the PRS site to explore, lots of useful info here: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/index.html

Last edited:
Does it have the 5 way rotary tone selector or a 3 way toggle? Here's what the 5 way rotary actually does, if you haven't seen it yet:
ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
  • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
  • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 6: Bass pickup

It would have the phase II locking tuners, I believe. Either a regular or wide thin neck profile.

This is a great part of the PRS site to explore, lots of useful info here: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/index.html

Thanks vchizzle, I have the rotary switch. Gonna try to post pic. no luck, I have pics on facebook Michael Dutch Uiterwijk

some how I was able to up-load a pic of my guitar for my profile pic on this site. Took pic with my flip phone, old school, does not do justice for the beauty of my guitars finish.

Back