Sometimes the Truth of Humor Is Just...Silly

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Was working the other day with a retail customer and someone had called in asking for another section of our store. I said, "Just a minute, and you'll be put through to the correct place."

Only afterwards did I realize that when I spoke to the customer in front of me, that the caller had asked to be transferred to the correct phone number...o_O

Now, I just feel stupid for still not understanding.

My mom watches MASH. Still.

In fact, I took her to Las freaking Vegas, and she decided to lay in the hotel bed, watching MASH & Seinfeld...:mad:

Road trip to Vegas: 2.5 hours each way
2 King beds at the pyramid: $57
Questionable buffet: $25/head
City bus: $9/head
Questionable rundown 50s diner: $35

A night away with Mom: Priceless

MasterCard

I’m thinking you and I should maybe smoke some weed, come back and read the thread again... I’m not getting it either. o_O
The person called the store (place). He said sorry you called the wrong place, when in fact it was the right place not the right department. Kind of like calling Best Buy and asking for the car stereo section and the home appliances person saying you called the wrong place, then transfers you to the car stereos. ..At least that is how I read it.

The person called the store (place). He said sorry you called the wrong place, when in fact it was the right place not the right department. Kind of like calling Best Buy and asking for the car stereo section and the home appliances person saying you called the wrong place, then transfers you to the car stereos. ..At least that is how I read it.
Man, if I didn’t know better, I’d swear this is like some of the stuff my wife tries to pull on me. She get’s a pass though for obvious reasons. ;)

Let's move on, then.

Corporal Klinger was the guy who was always trying to request a transfer from the 4077 on a section 8 "pretending to be crazy, " when in fact, the way the entire 4077 staff coped with the horrors of war was to use humor as a diffusive mechanism, essentially acting a little "crazy" themselves when stress piled on.

It broke the tension between people and helped them realize that the burden of stress could be dealt with instead acting out in violence or raising their voices at one another.

Sorry if this went over your heads...but now I understand why you folks often yuck it up and behave irrationally, if not with well-intended humor sometimes.

I love Mash. One of my all time favorite shows. I just didn’t get the original joke. Any silliness thereafter on my part was certainly and ONLY well intended, trying to have fun.

It's almost to the point where I can't give any of you folks my viewpoint without being accused of subverting societal norms, or being nonconformist, or being an outcast.
Not me, bro. I was totally joking. The thing about my wife was a joke. She doesn't try to pull stuff on me at all, but says things sometimes that don't quite make sense and we tease her about it because, well, she's blonde! :D I haven't ever taken issue with anything you've said, was just having fun with the fact that I didn't get the joke the first time through. It's certainly no crime here though that someone doesn't get your jokes, or I'd be locked up for life already. :) Perfect example is, I like to quote lines from movies. Well it's pretty much understood that those who know the movie will think it's funny and get it, but those who haven't seen the movie don't get it, thus don't think it's funny, and maybe think you deserve a DOINK for the goofy post! LOL

My empathy towards your wife...blondes sometimes are considered the last to get the joke, though they certainly don't deserve the label. Life is just too short for worrying about hair color. Your wife may not think so, because she desires to look good, for you.
My wife has a very good sense of humor. She knows it's all joking and she does her fair share as well. And yeah, she does look pretty good too. ;)

Back