Some very special Artist Relations Guitars

Don't lie to me Les, I know it was the rosewood headstock veneer that did you in :D.

Haha. OK, it was the veneer.

And I have officially hijacked Jack's thread, which probably shouldn't happen. Sigh.

Sorry to derail it, Jack!

These guitars were built specifically to convince successful, respected artists, who can have any guitar they want, to play PRS because of the way they sound/play. That's kind of a big deal!.
+1000
This is what separates me from most PRS-philes. While a stunningly gorgeous guitar from PRS is almost always going to play and sound better that any other brand of similar design, that's not criteria #1. It means it will end up being whatever color and features it has. When trusted critics say, "there is something special about this one" you have to leap. That's why I play an opaque antique white guitar. Pretty but not drop-your-coffee-cup beautiful. One acoustic strum and suddenly you need a mop.

I totally get what you're saying here. You just happened to hit the "beauty lottery". :cool:

+1000
This is what separates me from most PRS-philes. While a stunningly gorgeous guitar from PRS is almost always going to play and sound better that any other brand of similar design, that's not criteria #1. It means it will end up being whatever color and features it has. When trusted critics say, "there is something special about this one" you have to leap. That's why I play an opaque antique white guitar. Pretty but not drop-your-coffee-cup beautiful. One acoustic strum and suddenly you need a mop.

I totally get what you're saying here. You just happened to hit the "beauty lottery". :cool:

Right elfin' on!

Awesome Les! Very interested to hear your thoughts on this one compared to your Stripper/AP SC. Really dig the specs on these, bone nut, "sinker"(?) neck etc

Awesome Les! Very interested to hear your thoughts on this one compared to your Stripper/AP SC. Really dig the specs on these, bone nut, "sinker"(?) neck etc

I wrote a review of it in the Electric Instruments section, you probably saw it.

I can't even describe how much I like this guitar. It's simply stupendous. I wound up telling Kingsley that it's like kissing the woman you've waited your whole life for. ;)

You can't say you didn't have a shot at this guitar. After 2 1/2 years of sitting in Jack's back store room, I finally pulled the trigger and the brother to Les's "Hammer" is now in my "store room". As I told Les, the guitar has spoiled me to any of my other guitars. Ridiculous.

Back