Some very special Artist Relations Guitars

Jack Gretz

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Paul called me on the phone last week and offered up some very exceptional Artist Relations guitars to me. Here are the results of that conversation.
http://www.nemusiccenter.com/prs-mc...ions-guitar-in-faded-mccarty-sunburst-ar0343/

TMSCAR343a__94051.1404424992.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.nemusiccenter.com/prs-mc...ions-guitar-in-faded-mccarty-sunburst-ar0345/

TMSCAR345a__71651.1404424606.1280.1280.jpg

According to Jack, they are monsters.

Jack gets good ones. Gotta strike while the iron's hot...

Last edited:
Yep. I really dig these because they DON'T have the maple headstock.

+1. I know it's been very popular lately to match the headstock with the body, but I always preferred the headstock to match the fretboard instead.

Guys, I could care less if the headstock was covered in tinsel and painted with a Q-tip by a two year old.

These guitars were built specifically to convince successful, respected artists, who can have any guitar they want, to play PRS because of the way they sound/play. That's kind of a big deal!

You can buy an off-the-shelf SC245 and get a great guitar that looks every bit as good, IMHO, and it will have the headstock that matches the fingerboard that you prefer.

The thing here is that if Jack's right, and he most always is, they should be lifetime guitars like my PS acoustic; i.e., you can find a different one, or a fancier one, but not a better sounding one.

For me, that's what makes this guitar worth the investment. I do think they look great and cool and all that, especially if you like a traditional look, as I do.

Last edited:
Guys, I could care less if the headstock was covered in tinsel and painted with a Q-tip by a two year old.

These guitars were built specifically to convince successful, respected artists, who can have any guitar they want, to play PRS because of the way they sound/play. That's kind of a big deal!

You can buy an off-the-shelf SC245 and get a great guitar that looks every bit as good, IMHO, and it will have the headstock that matches the fingerboard that you prefer.

The thing here is that if Jack's right, and he most always is, they should be lifetime guitars like my PS acoustic; i.e., you can find a different one, or a fancier one, but not a better sounding one.

For me, that's what makes this guitar worth the investment. I do think they look great and cool and all that, especially if you like a traditional look, as I do.

Don't lie to me Les, I know it was the rosewood headstock veneer that did you in :D.

Congrats Les. I love the traditional understated look of the guitars. I consider a Jack to be the "Man". While I could be knocking on his front door in less than 1.5 hours of drive time, it cannot happen for me. Once again I'll live vicariously through your in depth and insightful reviews.

Back